updating client version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating client version?

When I start the game, I get the message to update. That fails and then it asks if I want to play the 'old' version. Is everyone else getting this too, or just me?

Re: updating client version?

Did you buy through Steam?
    Have you applied the recent update?

I don't think the update stops you playing, but you won't haver the fixes it was meant to provide.. I'd update it again if you can.
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I DL'd it from a torrent I saw in the TS channel description :D The updater recognizes there's an update available, but it doesn't seem to be able to fetch it.

Comment

Got my update from steam automatically, so no idea. It should update automatically right? I've seen 1 other post somewhere, and the update worked, but it still asked to update everytime they started the game. If it works with old version, you should maybe just ignore it? Unless you got issues I don't know, other than starting again..

Comment

I remember seeing somewhere in the EA Support forums that if you have trouble getting the update through the client you should try running the updater application separately as admin.

The updater is located in your install directory: [Path to Program Files]\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\BFBC2BetaUpdater.exe

Try right clicking and "Run as administrator"

See if that works for you. Hopefully it will. :-)

NOTE: This may only be necessary if the in-client update doesn't work.
          Last edited by Innocuous_Gun; 02-04-2010, 02:40 PM. Reason: Added Note
          sigpic

Comment

I was seriously behind the power curve here, thanks for the heads up. I thought I had read the updater would update automatically, is there a way to configure for auto update?
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
              I was seriously behind the power curve here, thanks for the heads up. I thought I had read the updater would update automatically, is there a way to configure for auto update?
              It does auto-update for most people. It updated just fine for me. I fired up the client. A little window told me that I had an outdated version and asked if I wanted to download and patch to the newest version. Obviously I accepted and it went through without a hitch. The above attempted "fix" is if for whatever reason your auto-update fails.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe a Windows7 thing?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  Maybe a Windows7 thing?
                  Herm, I don't think so? I'm running Win7 x64 and everything seems to be working ok for me at the moment. My client updated as it should have.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's could be UAC disallowing changes to the Program Files folder without administrator access. Fix would be to tell UAC to bugger off.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Five Nine View Post
                      It's could be UAC disallowing changes to the Program Files folder without administrator access. Fix would be to tell UAC to bugger off.
                      Herm, I hadn't thought of that because I turned off UAC so long ago...that could certainly cause the problem.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Innocuous_Gun View Post
                        Herm, I hadn't thought of that because I turned off UAC so long ago...that could certainly cause the problem.
                        ahh! yeah i just reinstalled win7, so i bet that''s exactly what the problem is!

Comment

Originally posted by Innocuous_Gun View Post
                          I remember seeing somewhere in the EA Support forums that if you have trouble getting the update through the client you should try running the updater application separately as admin.

The updater is located in your install directory: [Path to Program Files]\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\BFBC2BetaUpdater.exe

Try right clicking and "Run as administrator"

See if that works for you. Hopefully it will. :-)

NOTE: This may only be necessary if the in-client update doesn't work.
                          And there is the winner, if the updater is failing on you just simply go find the actual applications in the folder and run it as an administrator.

Comment

that did the trick - disabled UAC and updated the first time! Thanks guys!

Comment

Turning off UAC should be part of your iwindows Vista/7 install. Causes more problems that it avoids..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...