Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual-core versus Quad-core - BFBC2 abuses CPUs!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-core versus Quad-core - BFBC2 abuses CPUs!!

So I just upgraded from a 3GHz dual core [Athlon 64 x2], to a 3GHz quad core [Phenom II x4]... The difference is absolutely stunning.

I have a 5770 video card, so I expected decent framerates when I first installed the beta. I was sorely disappointed... even at 1280x1024, with all low settings, I was only averaging framerates in the teens. I was pretty much relegated to playing armor from distances.

Since I put the upgraded CPU in earlier tonight? DAMN! Now I'm running med/high settings at 1680x1050, and am sustaining framerates probably are in the 50's!!

so yeah - it's not your 'old' video card that's likely holding you back. wow.

Re: Dual-core versus Quad-core - BFBC2 abuses CPUs!!

I'm getting somewhat acceptable framerates with my e6750 at 3ghz, but its not happy with the abuse. I'm looking into to upgrading to a quad core also.

Comment

The Dual core I got from Khaerus is doing itself proud, heavily overclocked but is managing to keep frames in the 30's for 905 of the time, very playable.
      I also have a 5770 which means I get almost the exact same fps on high as i do on low, so I play on high. :D
      30-35fps @ 1280 (that's all this old CRT will do) on mostly high settings is much better than what I expected.

POE2 Developer

Comment

The devs have indicated they are doing a good amount of optimization still so I wouldn't run out and buy a new processor yet. I know the consoles all operate around a base thats three cores(360) or higher(ps3) so it would not surprise me if that base is influencing why dual cores are having such a tough time with this game.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I got a quad 2.8ghz and a 4870, and the game is nice on medium for me. I haven't really tried to tune it, i'll do that once we're out of beta and maybe buy a 5850 so i can run high which is my goal. :)

Comment

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/65...e-vs-quad.html

FPS boost!
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X