Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perrformance (post your specs/settings/perf)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perrformance (post your specs/settings/perf)

Hey all, I have recently been thinking about a video card upgrade. I currently have an 8800GTS and it is showing its age. I am curious as to what kind of FPS people get, at what settings, and with what cards. Anyone care to share? (I am thinking something along the lines of a 5850/5870). I may hang on till Fermi to see pricing, and possible price drops on older GPUs.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Perrformance (post your specs/settings/perf)

Be aware that the CPU is massively used in this game. With the destructible environment, there's a lot going on (physics) for it to figure out. If you don't have a quad-core CPU, your video card may not be the bottleneck!!

I have a new 5770. When paired with an Athlon X2 (dual-core) @ 3GHz, I got no more than 20fps at 1280x1024.

When I upgraded to an AMD Phenom II (quad-core), my framerates nearly trippled. I'm now playing at 1680x1050, mostly med/high settings, and probably getting 50-60 fps

Comment

Get a quad if you do not have one already. I am going to pick one up this weekend. I play at 1680x1050, shadows set to low, texture quality medium, vsync and hbo are off and the rest is set to high... I get 25 - 90 fps. I am running e8400 @ 4GHz + EVGA GTX260 core216.
      "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        Be aware that the CPU is massively used in this game. With the destructible environment, there's a lot going on (physics) for it to figure out. If you don't have a quad-core CPU, your video card may not be the bottleneck!!

I have a new 5770. When paired with an Athlon X2 (dual-core) @ 3GHz, I got no more than 20fps at 1280x1024.

When I upgraded to an AMD Phenom II (quad-core), my framerates nearly trippled. I'm now playing at 1680x1050, mostly med/high settings, and probably getting 50-60 fps
        Hrm didn't think it would be such a difference. Either way I will need a new GPU for other games coming this year. I have an E6850 (dual core) ocd to 4ghz at the moment. My 8800gts kicks out 30-50 fps at medium 2xAA, 4xAF (1680x1050).

Originally posted by BarrytBaptist View Post
        Get a quad if you do not have one already. I am going to pick one up this weekend. I play at 1680x1050, shadows set to low, texture quality medium, vsync and hbo are off and the rest is set to high... I get 25 - 90 fps. I am running e8400 @ 4GHz + EVGA GTX260 core216.
        Your framerates jump that wildly? That kinda sucks :(.

I knew this game made use of quads but didn't thin it was so reliant on it. I plan to goto a quad, but probably not till next year. I will need a GPU this year though, I figure my dual should still be ok for me this year.

I am also hoping that the new frostbite engine may not be fully optimized to dual cores (as it doesn't seem to fully load my cpu, maybe 60-70%). Maybe we will see better usage
        Last edited by Polska; 02-06-2010, 12:37 AM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

AMD Phenom II Denab 945 BE OC'd to 3.4ghz
          ATI XFX 48901i gig
          4 gigs GSkill DDR2

settings:
          1440X900
          70+fps
          high settings

:)
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

And the game will not fully load a dual core. If you get a Quad core then it will only load at 60%. I love my platform and taking into account I can snatch Q9550 for $170... Sitting in a Bradley kills my frame rate otherwise it stays constant around 40

p.s. I see you your post at overclock.net. (-:
            "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

I'm running 5870 with old Quad core q6600 2.4GHz (clocked at 3GHz though). I'm at 1920x1080 resolution basically everything maxed, but bloom,vsync, and hbo off. I get average of 40fps and basically no lag / fps drops.

Comment

Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
                4GB Ram
                Win7 64-bit
                GeForce 8800GT at 1920x1080
                Medium graphics settings
                FPS jumps around 20-30

Mostly it's playable, but not going to invest in upgrades just yet. in the summer..
                BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

And the game will not fully load a dual core. If you get a Quad core then it will only load at 60%. I love my platform and taking into account I can snatch Q9550 for $170... Sitting in a Bradley kills my frame rate otherwise it stays constant around 40

p.s. I see you your post at overclock.net. (-:
                  Ya that was me :)

Thanks for your feedback guys. Anyone on a dual core with a 5850/5870, curious about performance with that setup.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

And the game will not fully load a dual core. If you get a Quad core then it will only load at 60%. I love my platform and taking into account I can snatch Q9550 for $170...:
                    BARRY TELL ME WHERE YOU CAN GET THIS DEAL!?!?!?!
                    I want to upgrade my core 2 duo to core 2 quad as well...I'm not happy with my frame rates at all

Comment

I figured old hardware would be cheaper than that by now.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                        AMD Phenom II Denab 945 BE OC'd to 3.4ghz
                        ATI XFX 48901i gig
                        I thought this proccessor had a AM3 socket, seeing that you have ddr2 ram means it's AM2+?
                        and i have a quesiton, what video card is about equal to yours but by Nvidia?
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm currently running BC2 at about 25-30 FPS on an Intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4 ghz, 3gb RAM and an 8800 GT. Loooks fairly decent to me but I never really see the difference between 20 and 50 FPS anyway. My standards really aren't that high.

Comment

I love my e8400 since it overclocks like crazy but at the same time I do want to upgrade the whole platform. Since you live in Baltimore you should be able to grab one of the Quads. (-: Microcenter has some great prices and they do price match Newegg's offers. The only downside is the slaes tax (almost 9% in NY) but when I see all those components my wife has to drag me out of the store.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0299412

The price fluctuates between $169 and $179. Please remember to get E0 revision (pretty much all Q9550 are E0) nowadays.
                            "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

This guy is running Crossfire with AMD HD5970.

"veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X