Video not really working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video not really working

Hi everyone, was wondering if I can get some help here.

I've just installed BC2, but I'm getting some weird images in-game. I'm not too tech-savvy when it comes to computer specs, but I was hoping someone here might have a clue why certain parts of the screen gets blacked out. And it's not a static black-out because the area that gets blocked from view changes when I move the mouse around to view different parts of the map. Needless to say, I didn't get much game time in, since I could never see what I was shooting at. :D

I've gone to that website that PM07SNV had posted about to check system requirements and my laptop had passed the minimum requirements, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Video settings are at the minimum for everything.

Other than this video glitch, the game runs very smoothly. I'm on a Macbook Pro (video card Geforce 8600M GT), but I run the game by booting into WinXP (in full Windows mode, not emulation).

Re: Video not really working

Hmm looks like it's the drivers, also lowering your resolution forces less pressure on your graphics card so you might dry that if you can't get the newest drivers working / it doesn't fix it, which I doubt.

Comment

Yeah, that's usually a driver problem. Try a few different versions of the drivers until you find one that works.

Comment

Try lowering the resolution and turn up the level of detail to medium?

Also go to your "settings.ini" file in my/documents and change DxVersion=auto to DxVersion=9 make sure Bloom is set to false?

Comment

I got this while on XP using old drivers, but only when alt-tabbing. Def a drivers thing. As above, play with lower settings and turning off some of the things in settings.ini
          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...