Desktop Icon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Icon?

This is the first time I've downloaded a game through the EA Store using the Download Manager.

Now that I've got it, is there no way to get a desktop icon that directly starts the game? It seems the only way I can play is to first go open up the download manager.

Not a huge deal, but if I had known that, I would have just purchases a physical copy.

Re: Desktop Icon?

From my little EA download manager knowledge, is there not a shortcut somewhere in your Start menu? I'm sure there was for a copy of 2142 I had through EADM.
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

This bugged me too.. and there is nothing in the startmenu unfortunately:/ But there is an easy fix to it.. Go to the game folder, mine is C:\games\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2 right click on the BFBC2Game.exe and create a shortcut, place on your desktop. Done:P
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
        This bugged me too.. and there is nothing in the startmenu unfortunately:/ But there is an easy fix to it.. Go to the game folder, mine is C:\games\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2 right click on the BFBC2Game.exe and create a shortcut, place on your desktop. Done:P
        I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Related, my one complaint thus far (well with the exception of not being able to connect to a multiplayer server, but I'm a patient type and realize that it will be fixed shortly) is how long it takes to actually get into the game and start playing. I can double click on my BF2 or 2142 desktop icons and literally be in-game and playing within a minute. It seems to be a much more cumbersome process with BC2.

Comment

I bought the hard copy and didn't get an icon either. Although it's not in the start menu under EA or Electronic Arts, it's in my default "Games" folder. First thing I did was make a desktop icon. :P

sigpic
          "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
          something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
            I can double click on my BF2 or 2142 desktop icons and literally be in-game and playing within a minute. It seems to be a much more cumbersome process with BC2.
            Apparently you can remove the startup videos..
            BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...