Mouse Buttons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Buttons

I had this problem with FEAR2 and it infuriates me. Is there any way to map controls to thumb buttons on a mouse?
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Mouse Buttons

There are a lot of issues with mapping advance buttons on certain gaming mice. From what I've seen in the official forums it is not yet capable to map certain buttons on certain gaming mice going to have to wait for a patch I think.
    sigpic

Comment

Tried to map to thumb controls as well for easy pistol draw or grenades but BC2 doesn't seem to recognize any additional buttons on my logitech. Perhaps an more minor issue to be addressed at some point...

Comment

Could be a driver issue, but I doubt it. Pretty sure Bad Company 2 just doesn't recognize them, it is a pretty consistent complaint on the UK forums so I assume they will fix it in the next patch or so.
        sigpic

Comment

I have this problem. I just assign random keys off the keyboard to a macro for a keypress of the thumb button.

Comment

Everything works fine on my X8 Sidewinder. However, sometimes in the heat of things I take my finger of the trigger and it keeps on shooting, or there seems to be a delay before it shoots, anyone else get that?

Comment

I manage to get my sporty Microsoft Intelliview setup yesterday to use the L and R side mouse buttons for my main gun and gadget 1. I mapped gadget 2 to the scroll wheel, and moved the knife and grenade buttons. On the key mapping screen for "on foot" you'll see 3 colums, make sure you select the middle column square to assign keys to the mouse. Can't guarantee it will work for all, but it worked for my non-gaming mouse.
              |TG-6th|FYAH29
              "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

^This took me I while to figure out:P
                Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I've got one of my thumb buttons select my main weapon. It works fine.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Smachin007 View Post
                    I have this problem. I just assign random keys off the keyboard to a macro for a keypress of the thumb button.
                    This. In your mouse software, assign your mouse-buttons to key-strokes (F7 - F10 for example). Then in BC2, edit the KEYBOARD column [middle] of the controls page and press your mouse button.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X