Q. how to use that dart gun...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. how to use that dart gun...

Question: how does that dart gun work? I marked a tank with one then shot my RPG from around cover, thinking it should hit target as I saw in one of the pre-release videos... or maybe I'm just wrong.
    ?

thx.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Q. how to use that dart gun...

Once you trace the vehicle you have to let the RPG acquire the range. Right click and follow the tracer (you may have to hold the right click). The red square will blink and then you should see a range listed below. Take the shot. The shot should track back to the target. You can shoot at a 45 degree angle and the rocket will track back to the target. The RPG and the second AT unlock will work with the tracer. The third does not.

Comment

You have to keep the RPG/Gustav aimed right at the red-box for it to acquire. Then you can aim up or back and fire and the rocket will arc towards the target. As long as you don't look 180 degrees away from target, it will maintain lock. (if you look away from target, notice a red arrow along the edge of the screen pointing towards the target - but ONLY when you have lock)

Comment

The lock is acquired when the red box stops flashing. I find it best to aim high into the air after the lock. If you're firing over a hill, you have to aim high above the hill. The rocket arcs back down very quickly and can hit the hill. The higher you aim, the more the rocket comes down from above on the target.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          Question: how does that dart gun work? I marked a tank with one then shot my RPG from around cover, thinking it should hit target as I saw in one of the pre-release videos... or maybe I'm just wrong.
          ?

thx.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...stem-fail.html

*edit* Hmm, maybe I should scroll down and see if someone else wrote something instead of just click reply with quote..
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X