Mic Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Issues

For some reason I have not been able to use my mic on Teamspeak 3 while in game with Battlefield Bad Company 2. It works fine when I alt tab, but whenever BC2 gets focus, my Mic falls silent. I've tried using my Mouse 5 button, my Alt button, etc. nothing works. I can use Teamspeak 3 in other games and I can use Vent when I'm in BC2. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

It might be worth noting I'm using Windows 7 which has an option for programs to use my mic exclusively. I turned that off and still nothing.

Re: Mic Issues

Try going into the sound settings in control panel and configure your playback device for headphones.

Control panel--sound--select default device and click on configure down the bottom left, click on stereo then click on next till it says finish.

Also check that your mic is muted in playback and un-muted in recording.

Comment

I tried it, thanks. It didn't help unfortunately. Like I said it will work if I alt tab or if I haven't launched the game, but as soon as I launch that game, it won't let me transmit, not even key my mic.

Comment

I sort of get the same problem, so now there is a sequence i use when going on TS and running a game, first I plug in the headset and mic, then go to sound settings and set to stereo, then open TS and go to channel then open the game, if I do not do this then I get no sound in either the game or in TS, my soundcard is set to detect headphones and it does, but windows keeps it set at 7.1 surround.

It might be your settings in TS, check your playback and capture settings and see if you are using the right devices.
        Last edited by MrMojay; 03-08-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with Battlefield. Like I said it only is a problem with BC2 and TS3. I'm able to use my mic and hear sound, etc. with TS3 and other games. Likewise I hear TS3 sound in game and can use my mic for squad chat, but not in TS3.

Comment

In TS do you know if you light up when trying to talk? Just trying to see if it's a key press thing, or a mic thing.. SOmeone else might need to help with that..
            BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

It'll light up and give that little "Skkt" sound when I transmit, and people can hear me talk when I am alt tabbed out. But when I'm fullscreen with Battlefield BC2, it won't light up, won't "Skkt" or transmit. I've heard it's a problem related to PTT, it'll work if I choose voice activation but I seriously don't want to interrupt people with my coughs.

Comment

Your right, sounds like PTT key is not recognised. You've tried other keys, which is strange. what key do you use? I've noticed funny keybaord issues with BC2.. I have a stealth switch programmed to the ctrl key, and in windows, I can hit the stealthswitch, or either ctrl keys and it works, but in BC2, it only recognises the stealthswitch, not the keyboard keys.. Have you made sure the key you use is not in anyway used in the BC2 controls settings?

Also, is it a standard keyboard you have or a logitech that's got some management software to program it?
                BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

A TG friend has been having this exact same issue. I believe the simple quick fix was running TS3 in Administrator mode.
                  Last edited by |3illY; 03-12-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by |3illY View Post
                    A TG friend has been having this exact same issue. I believe the simple quick fix was running TS3 in Administrator mode.
                    I tried that too but unfortunately it didn't work. I heard I could also try running TS2 first then in game switch over to TS3, but that's a bit of a hassle.

Comment

It got fixed in the last patch, issue is gone :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                        It got fixed in the last patch, issue is gone :D
                        And it started for me in the patch:P
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I'm gonna borrow this thread instead of creating a new one.

Is there a way to turn up the volume in TS when you get poked? I can't here people poking me when I'm ingame :(
                          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                            Is there a way to turn up the volume in TS when you get poked? I can't here people poking me when I'm ingame :(
                            Hmmm can you hear the lady's voice normally? If not, go to Options-->Playback: Make sure Sound pack is at 100%. Other than that I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                              Hmmm can you hear the lady's voice normally? If not, go to Options-->Playback: Make sure Sound pack is at 100%. Other than that I dunno.
                              To clarify. I hear the poke normally.. But when I play all the explosions and stuff is so loud I can't here the poke message.. I'm trying to get the poke message loud as hell to be able to answer pokes right away instead of 2 hours after someone actually wanted something.
                              Nubhar

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X