Where are the iron sights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the iron sights?

I seem to have finally been able to get into a few servers and play. I'm still running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure everything out, but it's coming along.

One question though - I've played on a couple of servers that didn't have crosshairs (hardcore, maybe?) which I think is fantastic. There seems to be a problem though when you're firing a fixed MG in that you can't really aim. Even when I zoom with the LMB, I'm still not looking down the sights. It's kind of like a guessing game as to where your rounds are going to hit.

Is this an issue or do I have a setting not set right somewhere?

Oh, and I've still yet to find the TG servers.

Re: Where are the iron sights?

Yes that is hardcore mode. Maybe you should get on some non-hardcore servers to learn the new stuff. I haven't touched hardcore yet myself.

Ermm, the LMB? or LMG? Where on the crosshairs are you firing? It should be at the very tip if I remember rightly. I wait to be proved wrong though.

This should help you find the servers. If you'd read this, you would have found the solution.. :)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...te-06-mar.html
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I think he might have meant RMB. With a few weapons, like fixed emplacements and the tracer gun, you just can't aim down the sight, it seems. There's no animation for it. In hardcore you just have to guess. At least with fixed MGs you can walk your tracer fire onto the target, but tagging targets with the tracer, especially helos, is next to impossible. It's one of the many reasons I don't play hardcore.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Ah, thanks. Yes, I meant RMB - right mouse button. Even in zoomed mode (RMB) you're not looking down the sights - it's like it's positioned at your
        chest.

I thought perhaps it was related to the field of view thing, but good to know it's just a bug.

Comment

That is one downside of the no crosshairs with HC. Project Reality worked it out by giving proper zoom on fixed guns, etc. For certain weapons where the gun doesn't provide ironsights it would be nice for crosshairs.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

In HC you get the vanilla sights on the tracer dart now..
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

You also get a shotty crosshair for zooming in on the Assault's SGN-Attachment.

But still nothing for the grenadier attachment.

They didn't think this out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X