Contemporary Graphics Cards Performance in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemporary Graphics Cards Performance in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

New article just out this morning has a good look at what recent gfx. cards can do in BC2. It is actually a very high resource game if you want eye candy, and you need a good card to keep your FPS up.

Contemporary Graphics Cards Performance in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The new ATI 58** series does very well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Nvidia cards can do when they are released at the end of March.

Towards the end of the article they have pics of the game at all different settings, and I have to say even at low it still looks really good. Some games on low look like crap, but this game is still pretty pleasing to look at. Then again, everything maxed out looks AMAZING. Best thing to do is open the same picture for level of detail in a new tab and then switch through the tabs so you can see the changes.

Admins, this thread probably should go in the BC2 tech section, but I figured if it was here for a day or so more people will see it and then it can be moved. I am hearing a ton of people on comms and in the normal TG tech forum looking to upgrade for this game. Myself included :row__523:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Contemporary Graphics Cards Performance in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Think i am getting a 5850 next upgrade :)

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

Any idea what a 4870 1GB is equivalent to, as it's not listed in those charts...

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
        Any idea what a 4870 1GB is equivalent to, as it's not listed in those charts...
        Tomshardware has good charts to size up relative performance of cards: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/g...1050,1634.html

Comment

It equals around the 5770 in performance.

Comment

I can verify - the 5850 has no problems with everything turned up at 1920x1200.

I'd love to finally see some benches on the new nVidia cards. Not just on this game but in general.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I have a GTX260, everything maxed out at 1440x900, runs fine for me, haven't looked at article though haha
              woops forgot I have 2 GTX260s haha, slied.....That might be why it works haha
              sigpic
              <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                It equals around the 5770 in performance.
                Yeah! (also have directx11 support)

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                  I can verify - the 5850 has no problems with everything turned up at 1920x1200.

I'd love to finally see some benches on the new nVidia cards. Not just on this game but in general.
                  Sweet i cannot wait! Just want the 5850 to be sub 200

Comment

wonder where my 4890 fits in the mix?
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

GTX295 / i7 920 with everything at max runs fine... and I can run FRAPS with only a little jitter.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

GTX275 runs no problem on my resolution of 1680 x 1050. I look forward to upgrading my Dual core though to take the strain to get me off minimum settings.........

Comment

I have a GTX 260 and run on med @ 1680x1050, but its because this game is also very CPU dependant. I run on a Q6600 non-OC and it maxes out all four cores while the GPU is only running at around 40-50% usage. The GPU is important, but not overwhelmingly.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

5850 OC'ed/i7-860 OC'ed & 1920x1080 res, runs like a champ.

Comment

I'll be moving up to a 5870 eventually, but for now my 4870 works more than fine for what I'm playing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X