Collection of TWEAK TIPS to improve your gaming experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of TWEAK TIPS to improve your gaming experience

Here is a (short) list of modifications I found that you can apply to your game .ini files, that can improve your gaming experience (at least it did for me):

The files to edit can be located here:

My Documents/BFBC2/

settings.ini
    Fov=70 [edit the Fov number to have a wider, more natural feel to the camera view. Default if 55 if I recall. People report numbers between 65 to 80 to be the best, depending on your resolution. I'm happy with 70).

GameSettings.ini
    VOLanguage=0 (default is 1. For me, in the game settings menu, the Localized setting simply didn't activate properly. Changing it to 0 will have Localized Voices work.)

adding the line below will add the TG servers to your Favorites Menu:
    FavoriteGames=3196769692,04c0c226-550a-4e42-8c04-1857455a9cec,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #1 - Conquest;1542307827,dfddb91f-c592-4b03-bbfe-10e3c7d3e44b,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #2 - Rush;1847513843,cf0fc087-d30a-4ab5-9104-6233b4c5b645,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #3 - Hardcore;

Perhaps you also have mods that you know that will enhance the game's experience?
    |TG|drjones666

Re: Collection of TWEAK TIPS to improve your gaming experience

In GameSettings.ini, change DialogueVolume=0. This turns off all the cheesy AI swearing :) (of course you can just turn this down in the Settings menu too ;))

Comment

That is what I have done. It is a shame it needed to be done but now I don't have to hear that trash.

The server one was a huge help!
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm glad to find this. I've been wanting to turn it off.

Comment

What, turning the cursing and swearing off?! But that's the best darn fun on the battlefied, not to mention if you have a good ear, you can relay to yourself where the damn enemy is. It helps a lot at spotting enemies.
          Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
          All in one package.
          The most obvious though is death.

Comment

to forum admins: thanks for moving to the appropriate forum section. Silly me, didn't post at the right place. Don't revive me for my next 10 deaths on the battlefield! ;-)
            |TG|drjones666

Comment

Ah ha! Ive been wondering how I can turn that trash off. Thanks for the info guys.
              |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I saw this link to an FOV calculator for BC2 in another thread here somewhere. You input your horizontal and vertical screen res and it goes beep boop bop and spits out a recommended FOV setting.

http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

Comment

I tried that link, Drona. With the resolution of 1920x1080, the site recommends a FOV of 90. Man, it looked like a fish-eye lens type deal. Almost made me sick to my stomach. Going to try 70 next to see how that looks.

Another thing I have done is to turn down the brightness in-game a bit. I think it defaults to 65, which is just too damn bright. Setting it to 50 makes the game seem more vibrant to me, takes care of the washed out look, and helps a bit with the hard-to-see HUD in heavy and light tanks.

Nice find on the cussing switch but, I will leave mine on. Can't get the day going without a bunch of awesomely funny foul language.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X