Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TeamSpeak 3 & Tint (TeamSpeak Overlay Successor)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak 3 & Tint (TeamSpeak Overlay Successor)

Is anyone using the Tint beta? It apparently works with TS3 so with in-game VOIP not currently working in BC2 I was really wanting to use Tint so I can monitor TS activity in-game.

I signed up for an account on the Tint website yesterday but it looks like the beta is closed now.

Any other options out there to get a TS3 overlay in-game in BC2?

Re: TeamSpeak 3 & Tint (TeamSpeak Overlay Successor)

Well, with Tint being in what appears to be closed beta I tried to find other alternatives since we have no ETA on in-game VOIP working in BC2.

http://www.voipoverlay.com/

The only negative is it appears after the 15 day limit you have to register it for $15. I saw a post from the company though and it said all future updates would be included in that registration cost.

I just loaded it and popped into the conquest server for a few minutes. Seemed to work OK. It uses different colors to show joins and leaves on the channel you are in. It also has an FPS counter you can enable.

I'd love to know others thoughts on it. If we hear no update on the status of in-game VOIP by the time my trial expires I may consider buying it since there is no ETA on public availability of Tint either. At least this application is readily available and seems to work fine with BC2.

I think I'll link to this post in a post in the General forum since it gets a lot more traffic.

Comment

I have TS in my second monitor, so i just glance at that when I want to know who's annoying me, errr I mean speaking...

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
        Well, with Tint being in what appears to be closed beta I tried to find other alternatives since we have no ETA on in-game VOIP working in BC2.

http://www.voipoverlay.com/
        Nice find!
        I checked out the site and it looks pretty good. if you say it works, I am going to give it a try.
        |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

Yep, worked fine for me. You have to copy over a .DLL (different one depending on whether you are running 32-bit or 64-bit) into the TS3 plug-ins folder and enable the plug-in in TS3 but you basically just leaving it running in the tray with TS3.

I only tested it for about 5 minutes but it didn't seem to impact performance at all, at least on my system (Phenom II quad core 2.8Ghz & Radeon HD 4850) and seemed to work as advertised.

If it looks like in-game VOIP isn't coming real soon I may go ahead and invest $15 in it just for the convenience.

Comment

VOIPoverlay works great for me :)

Comment

Ill have to give it a try...thanks!!
              |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Does not work alongside Fraps.. :( Will crash game as it fights for the same overlay.
                BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

You can record video from gameclaw, so you dont need fraps :)

Comment

Yeah I think I might give that a go. They both run together nicely?
                    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I meant Playclaw, Sorry. I havent tested it out yet but it should work in theory.
                      Playclaw has a video recorder + voipoverlay in its software.

http://www.playclaw.com/

Comment

I actually own Playclaw. Before the dev made the light version with VOIP only you could use the demo of Playclaw and have the same exact functionality they're trying to sell to you for $15. It would say demo any time anyone talked but it worked.

As far as video recordings go, it's less of an impact on your system but the codec they use is very loose and audio desyncs are very common, if you convert it to ffmpeg with mp3 audio it's supposed to fix that problem. Don't know if an update has changed that. Overall it's got it's advantages and disadvantages over FRAPS but you can't use both at the same time. However the overlay for Playclaw simply cannot be beat.

Comment

VoipOverlay works good here. Vista64. I use it with both TS3 and TS2.
                          Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I am thinking of trying to demo version of playclaw, but I am really hoping that a fully functional free overlay will come out at some point, I simply wish TS had made a system like what mumble uses :(

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

interesting perhaps i should get it as well. does it conflict with xfire?
                              |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                              Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
                              sigpic
                              Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...