Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove mouse smoothing and negative mouse accel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove mouse smoothing and negative mouse accel.

There were 2 things i was waiting to be fixed before buying this game, the first one was the custom FOV which was "fixed" in retail, and the other thing was negative mouse acceleration which was impossible to address....until now....

If like me you hate mouse smoothing and negative mouse acceleration then this thread is going to make you very happy: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ved-fixed.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

EDIT: sorry, i posted in the wrong part of the forum, if an admin could move my post in the technical support sub forum that would really be appreciated.

Re: How to remove mouse smoothing and negative mouse accel.

Just noticed this - great post wioiw! Turning off negative-acceleration makes the armor turrets turn faster right?

Comment

This might be something we want to duplicate to keep in our forums with a link for commonly used tweaks and configurations

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

OMG too much work, can someone just bundle up thjese files and post htme? I can't find everything I need for this.....Its too much
        sigpic
        <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Yes Whiskey, It does make turrets turn faster, but what really amazes me was how much more accurate i am with this fix and how mush easier it is to aim, i actually sent a PM to Mickael Kalms from DICE asking him if he knew about these issues, and he just answered me that he knew about these but.....He had others issues to solve with servers and that he's not sure he'll actually do something about it in the future :(

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFart View Post
            OMG too much work, can someone just bundle up thjese files and post htme? I can't find everything I need for this.....Its too much
            http://www.hotfile.com/dl/33364058/3...thing.rar.html

Not my upload, havent tested it yet, Does not include gamesettings.ini

Edit: tested, it works if you adjust the gamesettings like shown in guide. ITS AWSOME, got that old bf2 feeling back, it doesnt feel as consolized and i can aim now!
            Last edited by fighter10101; 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Make a copy of your .ini files and keep in a safe place first. Definitely worth the effort for a tremendous improvement in turret rotation. If you fly with a keyboard the flight control is improved also.

Comment

I did the adjustments listed and now using a Bradley is mounted MG is almost impossible for me. Anyone else have this issue and what settings did you use?

|TG-IRR|

Comment

You must have missed a setting. I missed one the first time and had a similar result like you. I used the exact settings as the post.

Comment

Does this in any way affect the auto aim knifing?

Comment

I did this tweak. I am very happy with how my mouse feels in combat on foot. I need to tweak the sens settings now for vehicles. its way off for me.

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have to wonder: Was mouse smoothing changed in any way as part of the recently pushed out patches? I noticed my turning feeling more sluggish in the last week or two (can't point to an exact start date, sadly), but attributed this to being rusty and not used to the game. Anyone else notice a change at some point between release date and today?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                        --BlackMirror
                        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                        --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by wioiw View Post
                          There were 2 things i was waiting to be fixed before buying this game, the first one was the custom FOV which was "fixed" in retail, and the other thing was negative mouse acceleration which was impossible to address....until now....

If like me you hate mouse smoothing and negative mouse acceleration then this thread is going to make you very happy: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ved-fixed.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

EDIT: sorry, i posted in the wrong part of the forum, if an admin could move my post in the technical support sub forum that would really be appreciated.
                          I backed up the files
                          Then made the changes to gamesettings

Originally posted by fighter10101 View Post
                          http://www.hotfile.com/dl/33364058/3...thing.rar.html

Not my upload, havent tested it yet, Does not include gamesettings.ini

Edit: tested, it works if you adjust the gamesettings like shown in guide. ITS AWSOME, got that old bf2 feeling back, it doesnt feel as consolized and i can aim now!
                          Then i go a bit confused with the 3 other files being changed and what to change and where
                          So I just downloaded from fighter's link and that made it all easy

upon testing, i was immediatly pleased with the infantry movement changes, the mouse just feels sharper and better, this is the last piece in the M60 ownage puzzle ! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                            I backed up the files
                            Then made the changes to gamesettings

Then i go a bit confused with the 3 other files being changed and what to change and where
                            So I just downloaded from fighter's link and that made it all easy

upon testing, i was immediatly pleased with the infantry movement changes, the mouse just feels sharper and better, this is the last piece in the M60 ownage puzzle ! ;)
                            Silver, can you explain how that .rar works? I'm highly considering doing this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                              Silver, can you explain how that .rar works? I'm highly considering doing this myself.
                              I looked it up myself
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR
                              Its a compression file like winzip
                              On the wiki page i used the free one, RAR extract frog, it unzipped the RAR file and showed the 3 BC2 files for me to use

EDIT
                              here is link to regular winzip archive that windows can do here

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X