TG BC#2 Server.... cannot add to Fav's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG BC#2 Server.... cannot add to Fav's

Hi all - I'm hoping someone who has the BC#2 server set as a favorite in BC2 will take pity, and peek in their GameSettings.ini file (typically found at users\USERNAME\Documents\BFBC2 - or some variation on that, depending on your flavor of Windows) and check out the FavoriteGames section.

The server browser still takes forever for me still (am I alone in this?), and only displays results if I let it run a good minute or so, then Cancel the search. THEN the results show up, after Canceling. I can see the TG #2 server just fine, but if I click to add it to my favorites, it just works and works - and it never happens.

If someone would post the code pertaining to TG #2 I would be eternally grateful. To key you on what to look for, here's the code for TG#1 server in my .INI file:

3196769692,04c0c226-550a-4e42-8c04-1857455a9cec,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #1 - Conquest;

And just in case someone else is in this boat and doesn't have ANY of the TG servers Fav'd, here's the code for the #3 server:

1847513843,cf0fc087-d30a-4ab5-9104-6233b4c5b645,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #3 - Hardcore;

Thanks all.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Re: TG BC#2 Server.... cannot add to Fav's

You mean this one right? Worked last time i checked.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1459924

Comment

This should be the code for the second server: NOTE: always end line with semi colon

1542307827,dfddb91f-c592-4b03-bbfe-10e3c7d3e44b,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #2 - Rush;

Unrelated add this to your favorites:

1237428789,be0697dc-b879-4b8b-9d16-2b66028b2f71,lTG-21l Death Dealers;

Comment

I can't add the Conquest server, just hangs up the game for me. If I add it manually, it's always gray. Annoying as all hell...

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I had this problem too. Or it was forever downloading data. This was the only solution that worked for me;

Open your server browser and click on full refresh,
          Search for the TG servers,
          Once you have just the 3 servers in the browser, click the arrow to the right and add to favourites.

If it doesn't work, repeat and restart your game. It took about 10 minutes in total. I've reported the problem to EA so here's hoping for a fix.
          We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by retrokill View Post
            I had this problem too. Or it was forever downloading data. This was the only solution that worked for me;

Open your server browser and click on full refresh,
            Search for the TG servers,
            Once you have just the 3 servers in the browser, click the arrow to the right and add to favourites.

If it doesn't work, repeat and restart your game. It took about 10 minutes in total. I've reported the problem to EA so here's hoping for a fix.
            Been there, done that. I can let the game sit and spin for 15 minutes and it still can't add the conquest server to my favorites.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I noticed that when I tried adding servers that were currently full (32/32), I was never successful. But when there was a slot available, I pressed "Add to favorites" and zing! It worked.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X