• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Artifacts Problem

System:

8800 GTS
    Quad Core 3.3 GHz
    2GB Ram

I'm having huge issues running the game, been trying all sorts of different resolutions and video settings. Still I'm having these artifacts and the graphics breaking up all over my screen. Any thoughts on what it could be, basically as is the graphics become too disrupted to even be playable.

thx

Re: Major Artifacts Problem

possible to take a pic of the problem??? sounds like a possible driver issue??

Comment

Do you get the artifacts in other applications and on the Windows desktop? If so, it is most likely a hardware failure (read as: new video card). If the problem only manifests itself BC2, then I would agree with Chappie that the drivers may be to blame or you are having an overheating issue.

Here is a link to Nvidia's driver download page: Clicky!

Another thing I just thought of: Are you overclocking your system at all? If so, try running your system at default timings.

Let us know if any of the suggestions work, or if you find a solution on your own.

sigpic

Comment

updates?

Chappie

Comment

I' m having this issue as well or close to it odd lines of torn graphics and just random black boxes start showing up then the game freezes and turns the sky into the matrix never seen this before till about 2 days was working fine quad core 6600 2 gigs of ram 250gts Nvidia drivers 197.13 windows xp sp 3 32 bit.i have tried older drivers as well same thing and i can't take a screen shot crashes almost as soon as i get in now all my other games run fine no idea what to do.

Comment

I know this will seem illogical..but it worked for me. I was having big time trouble with the game too. I was running a Phenom II x3 720, radeon 5770 1 gig, and two gigs of ram on Windows 7. Should run just fine right? it definitely meets the reqs and should run fine. But I was having issues as well....

Well, I bought all of that from my local Microcenter and it was still within 30 days so I took the ram back and exchanged the two gigs of Crucial ram for 4 gigs of OCZ gold ram. I haven't had a problem since.....the OCZ was about $24 more ( it was on sale... :) but it is definitely worth it. I've unlocked and slightly overclocked my processor and I'm oc'ing my video card too..it runs great.

If you can somehow get 2 more gigs of ram do it...I know the game should run fine with two...but I have not had an issue since I installed 4 gigs.

Good luck,
            Chappie

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...