X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick OC question.

I have a
    AMD Athlon 64 XS Dual Core Porcessor 6400+ 3.2GHz

Can you safely overclock it? As well as will it most likely increse the amount of heat it puts off?

I also am running a EVGA GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB PCI Express x16 Gen2. I had to turn off the overclocking feature on this card not long after i bought it (over a year ago or so) and have not since turned it on. It was heating up way to much and crashing... even on Batlefield 2142. I have since changed and corrected the issue but I am still hessatent on turning the overclock back on, and what I could set it too safely. Any seggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Re: Quick OC question.

Originally posted by Belander View Post
    I have a
    AMD Athlon 64 XS Dual Core Porcessor 6400+ 3.2GHz

Can you safely overclock it? As well as will it most likely increse the amount of heat it puts off?

I also am running a EVGA GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB PCI Express x16 Gen2. I had to turn off the overclocking feature on this card not long after i bought it (over a year ago or so) and have not since turned it on. It was heating up way to much and crashing... even on Batlefield 2142. I have since changed and corrected the issue but I am still hessatent on turning the overclock back on, and what I could set it too safely. Any seggestions would be greatly appreciated.

any chip will overclock to some degree.....but with your post saying the factory OC on your card made it crash and overheat that tells me there is probably an airflow issue going on. Yes OC'ing does increase the heat output of your CPU. If your thinking of starting to overclock i would recommend you do some homework online as there are many detailed guides on how to correctly OC a system.......don't be that guy that thinks they know what there doing and then smokes a cpu or MB because he didn't know what he was doing.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: Quick OC question.

Here are a few websites I have found useful in the past:

http://www.overclockers.com
      http://www.extremeoverclocking.com

Also, I just can't leave out the fine folks over at Tom's Hardware.

Good luck!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...