Kick question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick question

When I get dumped with a "Punkbuster kicked player 'Eviltodd' (for 1 minute), our server is full at 30/32. Welcome back another time", is there something wrong with my punkbuster credentials?

I tried going up to the admin channel but the admin was AFK.

What did I break on my computer this time ? :(

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Re: Kick question

You need to fill in your BC2 ID otherwise you will not be seen as a supporting member by the server.

The BC2 ID is simply your BC2 name. Write it exactly like you have it ingame without the tags. It's caps sensitive remember that.
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Oh, cool. I didn't realize that was working yet. Thanks!

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
        It's caps sensitive remember that.
        Thanks Abel, I was wondering if it was case sensitive. ;)

Comment

Another question: I'm not supporting member and therefore i was kicked from the TG-server several times when many of the supporting members were online. I understand that and I think that's ok. But: Today was nobody on server 1. With me we were together 4 people. After 20min the server was full with nearly 80% non-TG players and I was kicked all the time from the server because "the server is full with 30 players" (you know which message I mean). Does punkbuster kick people randomly? Did I do something wrong?
          I think it's stupid to kick TG-player from the server (also if they are not supprting member) because they stay longer on the server than any other non TG-player.
          And: It's useless for me to seed the server if im kicked anyway as soon as 30 players are online.

Comment

Originally posted by dhonnie View Post
            Another question: I'm not supporting member and therefore i was kicked from the TG-server several times when many of the supporting members were online. I understand that and I think that's ok. But: Today was nobody on server 1. With me we were together 4 people. After 20min the server was full with nearly 80% non-TG players and I was kicked all the time from the server because "the server is full with 30 players" (you know which message I mean). Does punkbuster kick people randomly? Did I do something wrong?
            I think it's stupid to kick TG-player from the server (also if they are not supprting member) because they stay longer on the server than any other non TG-player.
            And: It's useless for me to seed the server if im kicked anyway as soon as 30 players are online.
            It does not kick randomly. It kicks the longest active none-supporting player on the server at the time of the kick. so when you were kicked, you were just the longest none-SM player on the server

Comment

Ahh ok, thanks for the quick reply. So there's no difference between non-supporting TG-members and other players?

Comment

Nope. Just two categories; supporting and non-supporting no matter what tag you sport.

Comment

When it comes to SM-scripts, no. You don't get any benefits for wearing the TG-tag per se.
                  Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                    When it comes to SM-scripts, no. You don't get any benefits for wearing the TG-tag per se.
                    ... unless the script is down and the admins have to manually kick people.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Ok, thanks for the explanation. It's no problem to be kicked, but sometimes it's a little bit annoying (see above).

Comment

Please be aware that the SM system may still be buggy. We are still in a testing phase. If you think you have found a bug with it, please report it in the contact an admin forum. :)

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not sure if this is related to the SM system, but I suspect a correlation. The effect I experienced tonight, and may keep me off of BC2 permanently, was that after a server #1 full with 30/32 message, I was tossed into Punkbuster hell. Any attempt to get back into a non-full server (Server #2 or #3) got me in then promptly kicked by Punkbuster over and over. Between that and the white screen of death episodes, I got almost two whole minutes of gameplay in well over an hour long stint.

--cpl3
                          |TG|cpl3
                          96th Assault Group

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse