New update failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New update failure

Loaded BC2 this morning and had to download the new update. Took about a half hour. After restarting computer my BC2 game could not find any servers! The single player campaign works fine but not Multiplayer. The favorites and history servers are greyed out. No ping and I see no button to join servers. How do I uninstall patch and start again?

Re: New update failure

From my personal experience with the update, it seems that the grayed out servers in your favorites is a new, unannounced feature. I haven't, as of yet, found a way to fix the problem but, the new and improved server browser seems to work a lot better. I now use the server browser and the filters to join games. Just set the filters for Ranked, PB enabled, and set the Location to North America and the browser only takes 10-20 seconds to get you a usable list. So far, I haven't had any problems.

I have also read in a few places that running BC2 "as Administrator" helps.

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I when my CD/DVD games update my firewall will treat them like a new item and I need to give them permission to access the internet again. <shrug> What type of installation do you have? DVD, Steam or other? If DVD you may want to try and run the patch again in admin mode as stated above.

Comment

I got it running finnaly! Had to do another Server search, then my favorites showed up correctly. Did not do enough research on startup. Thanks guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X