connection problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection problem

OK it started happening for no reason....nothing changed. I can log in, pull server lists, problem is when I try and join a server it tries for 10 seconds then says "connection to server lost, check network connection" now here is the wierd part. If I close and restart my game, then sometimes it joins fine? any ideas? i am running through a router.....but until a week ago have never had a problem? I am no network guru and have no idea about port opening or any of that? I am going on vacation but when I return I will check this post and hopefully someone can tell me what is going on.....thanks in advance.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: connection problem

You may consider running a tracert to determine whether the issue is a problem node somewhere on the line (which is basically out of your hands and you'll have to hope someone fixes the equipment at some point) or if it's a local problem.

Comment

If you know the model of your router you can find instructions at:

http://portforward.com/

I've used it before and they are pretty easy to follow but I guess it depends on your router.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I've been away all weekend and when I got back and tried to start playing the same thing happened to me. haven't changed anything, heck the PC have been turned off all weekend?
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

This has rendered it unplayable for me. I am hoping the patch this week fixes it so that I am able to spend more than 30 seconds on a server.
          Death Before Dishonor

Comment

I started randomly having issues with joining. When logging in and out from EA's servers in-game stopped working (e.g., the duct tape fix stopped working and I actually had to do something about it), I just opened the ports for BC2 in my router. Haven't had an issue since. Granted, the problem was intermittent when it would show up, so it may still come back.

TCP1: 80
            TCP2: 18121
            TCP3: 13505
            TCP and UDP: 18126

Comment

Thanks Flarfignuggen. I tried it and it allowed me to stay for an extra 10 seconds or so. My problem is the "updating stats, lost connection to ea servers" issue. I don't think it's router or connection related. Hoping the patch today fixes it.
              Death Before Dishonor

Comment

thats the problem my original post was about....but it magically went away?
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Not yet for me venman. I try every night to play, and every night I get booted. Have been reverting to original MW to get my fix. When I get home I'm hoping the patch today (assuming it happens) will fix it.
                  Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Originally posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
                    Not yet for me venman. I try every night to play, and every night I get booted. Have been reverting to original MW to get my fix. When I get home I'm hoping the patch today (assuming it happens) will fix it.
                    It fixed it for me..
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
                      My problem is the "updating stats, lost connection to ea servers" issue. I don't think it's router or connection related. Hoping the patch today fixes it.
                      Oh, you need the other set of ports, then.

18390 TCP Outgoing
                      18395 TCP Outgoing
                      18395 UDP Outgoing
                      13505 TCP Outgoing
                      80 TCP Outgoing

If these don't fix it, you may consider trying to reinstall the PunkBuster rootkit. You may have a bugged install or an old version or something.

Comment

That's what I thought, but I opened both sets of ports. When I did I was able to stay on long enough to die twice before getting the boot. I can't imagine this problem is related to my video card being under minimum req's. I know that is what's crashing me to desktop on campaign, but not this connection issue. I have another one on order and will try again after that. Will keep you updated. Thanks Flar.
                        Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Can anyone explain in to me how to open these ports?

Don't understand what's up with this game.. Sometimes I can play for days without problem and then all the sudden I can't connect to the servers-.-
                          Nubhar

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                            Can anyone explain in to me how to open these ports?
                            Start here: http://portforward.com/

Select your router model from the list.
                            Skip the advertisement trying to sell you something.
                            Choose the game you want.

It gives you detailed instructions specific to your router on how to do it from there.

Comment

Thanks JB..

Well it didn't work..

Can the ports really be the problem when I can play on day and not the next? I never get disconnected when I'm in a server it's only when I try to connect..
                              Nubhar

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X