Problem with game setting file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with game setting file

So after loading up the new patch, I saw the tip about having to go in and reset all of your settings. I did that and everything was working fine, but I noticed that the Russians were still talking, well, Russian. I don't know about the rest of you, but my Russian is a bit rusty these days.

Assuming that I simply forgot to change the "OriginalVOForEnemyTeam" from 1 to 0, I went in and made the change and SAVED it. But when I started the game, my Russians were still speaking Russian .

I made the change again and the same thing happened. As soon as I restart the game, it seems to reset back to the default Russian speakers. The other .ini file tweaks seem to hold, but not this one.

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts on a solution?
    Last edited by N.B. Forrest; 07-02-2010, 07:56 AM.

Re: Problem with game setting file

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
    So after loading up the new patch, I saw the tip about having to go in and reset all of your settings. I did that and everything was working fine, but I noticed that the Russians were still talking, well, Russian. I don't know about the rest of you, but my Russian is a bit rusty these days.

Assuming that I simply forgot to change the "OriginalVOForEnemyTeam" from 1 to 0, I went in and made the change and SAVED it. But when I started the game, my Russians were still speaking Russian .

I made the change again and the same thing happened. As soon as I restart the game, it seems to reset back to the default Russian speakers. The other .ini file tweaks seem to hold, but not this one.

I'm leaving the Russian voice settings alone as I use that as an audible detection system to alert me when the enemy is around. If I'm playiing as a Russian then if I hear English being spoken, then I know that an enemy is nearby. Got to remind my self often as to what side I'm on. Getting more forgetful as I get older!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
      I'm leaving the Russian voice settings alone as I use that as an audible detection system to alert me when the enemy is around. If I'm playiing as a Russian then if I hear English being spoken, then I know that an enemy is nearby. Got to remind my self often as to what side I'm on. Getting more forgetful as I get older!
      I've kind of gone back and forth on that one myself, but the accented English that the Russians speak is pretty distinctive from the English that the US team speaks and I just find it easier to really know what's going on.

Since I'm having some other problems with stuttering or micro-lag or whatever you want to call it, I think I'm just going to do a clean re-install tonight and see if that fixes everything.

Comment

Any thoughts on a solution
        Learn Russian. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
          Yep, I tried setting OriginalVOForEnemyTeam to 0 and setting the file to read only. This worked well, but as you'd imagine your kits cease to save. If you set the file back to read/write while the game is running and the Russians have learned English it should stay (at least it did for me).

Let me know if that works.

Comment

The thing that amuses me about the standard Russian VO is that calling for a Medic gets "*Russian speak*--Medic! Yes! Yes!". I guess I just find it humorously absurd that they stuck the blatant English into the VO.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X