Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What OS are you using? Are you having lag issues? Trying to figure out lag issues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What OS are you using? Are you having lag issues? Trying to figure out lag issues...

I have been doing a little research and I have found a couple of things stating that there are lag issues specifically with Windows 7 64bit. I was wondering if anyone might be able to answer the 2 questions above to see if you share the same issues I am having so that hopefully we can come up with a solution.

1. Windows 7 64bit
    2. Yes.

Thanks.

Re: What OS are you using? Are you having lag issues? Trying to figure out lag issue

I have a Windows 7 64 bit, and it does tend to lag at times. Even getting a decent ping, I will sometimes jump around and float through buildings.

I don't meet the recommended requirements, but can still play fine on medium settings though. I don't know if that would contribute or not.

Comment

Re: What OS are you using? Are you having lag issues? Trying to figure out lag issue

I am also running Windows 7 64 bit, though I don't tend to get much lag. As I understand it, the OS doesn't tend to have much to do with latency. If latency is your issue, try checking to make sure your ports are forwarded on your router, make sure you don't have a neighbor stealing wifi off you, kill most background net traffic (torrents, downloads, FTP ect ect).

If it's not straight latency, I'd get up to date drivers for my GPU, and try buggering with the games settings. HASO, shadows and the War Tapes audio mode are notoriously hard on your system in this game. Try turning those off/down and see if that helps you out.

Comment

I use windows 7 64 as well, and I have been having issues off and on for about a week now.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Using XP but having lagging problems at times as well after the last server updates

Comment

win 7 pro 64

only had 1 or 2 lag spikes in past week....other than that it's been fine

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

These lag spikes came with last update, and everyone experiencing them regardless of connection, location, OS and Video Card.
              sigpic

Comment

Win 7 64 Pro

Have not had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse View Post
                  Win 7 64 Pro

Have not had any issues.
                  These lag spikes seem to come and go as they please, its not a constant thing for me. There are also disconnection issues, sometimes whole squads being dropped at the same time.
                  sigpic

Comment

I run Win7 Home Premium 64-bit and have had only a couple lag spikes (these were the BIG ones.. locked up for 10-20 seconds). But, there have been quite a few instances of minor rubberbanding and hit detection being off. Most of the time, it doesn't really "feel" like lag to me, more like the controls are "floaty and vague". It seems like it has been going on for a week or a bit more.

It would appear that this problem seems to be server side or perhaps its a master server problem. Just in case it helps at all or shows some commonality, here are my relevant system stats:

ASUS M3N72-D nForce 750a
                    AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
                    6BG Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 @ 1.95v
                    eVGA GTX 275 FTW Edition (factory OC'd card)
                    On-board HD sound

All game settings on High, 4x MSAA AA, 4x AF, Vsync off, HBAO off: I avg 55-65 FPS
                    Last edited by Mindkill; 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM. Reason: I had misreported my CPU

sigpic

Comment

vista 64
                      I have crappy internet so i can't really say if connection issues are the game or me.

- -

Comment

2 things...

1) I think it's pretty safe to assume that most players here have a 64-bit OS. These days, 4GB of RAM is the norm, which happens to be the threshold to jump to a 64-bit OS.
                        2) Does anyone know where the TG servers are actually located? I think I asked once a few months back and never got a straight answer. I'm in LA, and ping ~150 in-game. Rubberbanding has been a pain in the ass, lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                          2) Does anyone know where the TG servers are actually located? I think I asked once a few months back and never got a straight answer. I'm in LA, and ping ~150 in-game. Rubberbanding has been a pain in the ass, lately.
                          This probably isn't more of a straight answer than you already have, but according to the interview with Apophis a few months back they're most likely in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Siker View Post
                            This probably isn't more of a straight answer than you already have, but according to the interview with Apophis a few months back they're most likely in Texas.
                            Yeah, given my ping, that seemed to be the most likely answer.

Comment

I too have Win 7 64. I notice lag all the time, usually when more then 2 or 3 people are near one another. I.E. when capping a MCOM or Flag. I'm in Colorado and usually notice anywhere from 34 ping to 140 ping, depending on server and time of day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X