Realism Mod AARs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism Mod AARs

Haven't seen any post-mortems for the realism mod, so I figured I'd start it off.

First off, the mod made some great changes to gameplay on the server. i.e. the games were slowed down, people started working together more, people were being more deliberate and providing cover for teammates, communication on VOIP was up. All good things.

There were a few variables/settings I'd like to see changed, like the kill damage indicator (how can I taunt an admin after I've killed him unless I know I killed him?), and I still like the grenade indicator since there's so much grenade-looking debris flying around. And some of the multicolored RCON messages were annoying. But those are very minor issues compared to the significant improvements I saw.

Overall I'm liking the mod a lot. Nice work admins. :)
    Beatnik

Re: Realism Mod AARs

yah its a great mod and will keep the server clean. One guy last night made the statement that " silence is prohibited on the server" and its true. and if you look at it this way...i just started to play so i have no idea what im missing when you say all the stuff that is taken away. Its been a few months since i played some good FPS and last night was great, TPF Andy and santa really took the leadership roles and had some fun. i loved the sniper battles with Jusb(he won) and look forward to more.

see you all tonight....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

you do relize that if you hit tab it shows whos in game and the little dog tag next to the name says if they are dead or not...ive done that to see if ive killed someone

but yah i love the new mod...which ever one was on tonight..keep
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
        but yah i love the new mod...which ever one was on tonight..keep
        Wha....what...?

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
          Wha....what...?
          He's talking about WRM, we had it on last night. Man, that is an awesome mod!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
            He's talking about WRM, we had it on last night. Man, that is an awesome mod!
            Yep, sure was. We didn't really get many guys on but it was fun with the slow paced hunting.

One thing I noticed though; binoculars don't zoom in. Also, I'm not sure if the scope on snipers has any magnification either. I only saw the sniper scope on a killcam after Trooper killed me with an impossible shot and it did not look like it was zoomed in.

Comment

impossible shot.....my eyes see movement rather quick....and i was already scoped in on that part..

yah we had some pubbies come in and they all rather seemed to enjoy it..this weekend will be a good test for the server and mod
              -Vulcan

Comment

Great times. I agree with you all, it's a keeper. I still need to figure the healing process, can't seem to get it right.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

There is no zoom on weapons, except for the sniper rifles.

The no-zoom effects the Binoculars as well. It also effects Spectators.

So, although as Spectator you can't see the sniper zoom, he is actually zoomed in.

We can turn zoom back on if you think it is a problem, but I honestly have never used binoculars in COD2 before. I only accidently hit the key and I freak trying to figure out which key I hit to get rid of them. lol

Below is a quote from Wolfbane regarding the binocular problem:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The real reason is far more sinister. There is no way to affect weapon zoom except with client-side weapon files. Since WRM is a server-side mod and I wanted to remove the weapon zoom, I had to get very creative in finding a solution.

Weapons still have zoom. However, there is a client dvar that sets the minimum zoom the player is allowed to see. Normally, this is set to 10 which is 8x normal. The mod checks to see what weapon you are using, and unless you're using a sniper rifle the client setting is reset to 80, which is your normal field of view. Since that is the new minimum, the weapons do not zoom at all. When you are holding a sniper rifle, the setting is changed back to 10 to allow sniper rifles to zoom.

Binoculars are not a weapon, and the methods I've tried so far to detect the use of binoculars have been unsuccessful. Since you are still holding a weapon when you use binoculars, the mod detects the weapon and the zoom is disabled. If you're holding a sniper rifle, binoculars work just fine but of course you'd probably use your scope anyway.

I'm still working on a solution. I want to get binoculars working again, but in the meantime I'd rather have no weapon zoom and no binoculars.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
                    So, although as Spectator you can't see the sniper zoom, he is actually zoomed in.

Aaaaaaaaahhhh. Ok I understand now. Thank you.

Comment

Sweet, I was just reading that the next release of WRM is going to include a feature that allows Admins to switch players to the other team.

Comment

A fix on some of the weapon's ROF would be nice as well.

I managed to hit Santa once today (:() and it didnt kill him, so I pulled out my luger to finish him off. It isn't semi-auto any more and the ROF is almost painful to play with.

The Garand seems to have had the same modifications made to it, and although I havent tried the K43 or SVT40, it just doesnt seem right.

Comment

When is mod being re-installed ?

Comment

Bonehead is updating servers and such as we speak. As soon as he has it all together he will let us know.
                            Last edited by Bubba; 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
                              Bone head is updateing servers and such as we speak. As soon as he has it all together he
                              ...he what? Good Lord, man! Don't leave us in suspense like that!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X