Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 2 Night 06/07/2006 (Wednesday)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 2 Night 06/07/2006 (Wednesday)

Please join us this Wednesday for our next official Call of Duty 2 Night, starting around 8pm Eastern. You can find general information about the server and our mods here. We play the game a little differently from how standard Call of Duty 2 is played, so be sure to come and see what we're all about.

Keep in mind that we have plenty of new maps on the server to play; most of these are large maps that offer a plethora of tactical opportunities. To accomodate these larger maps and allow sufficient time for events to unfold, the round time limit has been extended to seven minutes. I've also added an extra magazine to the automatic weapon kits; standard loadout is now about 120 rounds for these kits, which should allow for proper covering fires.

Let's get a good turnout so we can really take advantage of these new maps. We finally have a chance to employ team tactics on a larger scale in CoD2, so let's do it!
    Last edited by Strag; 06-04-2006, 10:56 PM.

Re: Call of Duty 2 Night 06/07/2006 (Wednesday)

Four new maps have been added to the server rotation, so there will be another initial download when connecting to the server. If your connection isn't exactly the fastest in the world, it may be prudent to connect to the server sometime before the action starts on Wednesday so you can grab the maps.

Again, the round time limit has been extended to seven minutes so that we can take advantage of these new larger maps.
    Last edited by Strag; 06-04-2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Those downloads are quick, im talking really quick so dont worry about that. did we get that problem fixed where it would hang on one of the map downloads?....if it hangs just restart the game and it goes right through the download
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
        did we get that problem fixed where it would hang on one of the map downloads?....if it hangs just restart the game and it goes right through the download
        I think so. I packed the troublesome map into a larger map pack, and I've had no problems downloading it so far. Time and feedback from other users will tell the real story, though.

Comment

Looking forward to this, I really enjoyed last weeks.

Comment

Tomorrow is the first tuesday of the month... you forgot tomorrow is a CoD2 night!
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper
              Tomorrow is the first tuesday of the month... you forgot tomorrow is a CoD2 night!
              Our TG CoD2 Nights are on Wednesdays now instead of Tuesdays, but the server is up 24/7 for the time being if anyone wants to play additionally.
              Last edited by Strag; 06-05-2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I'll be on Wed night. Love the new maps and more ammo for the BAR, thanks Strag.
                "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Bah. I cannot be here tonight because it is prom night. :row__577:

Comment

haha :P
                    But I'll be there! I have a TV in my computer room :D Go Oilers!

Also, Strag, I was referring to the CoD2 TG Style on the calander. Wasn't really sure what was what, but the description said it was the first tuesday of every month, I'd assumed it was a special game session.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper
                      Also, Strag, I was referring to the CoD2 TG Style on the calander. Wasn't really sure what was what, but the description said it was the first tuesday of every month, I'd assumed it was a special game session.
                      Clod, I see what you're talking about now. I don't know why that's there. To my knowledge, we've never had a CoD2 event that took place on the first Tuesday of every month. Thanks for the heads up!

Bonehead, could you please delete this Calendar entry?

Comment

Originally posted by tellysurv
                        I'm gonna try to get on after the game is over if people are still playing.
                        Get yourself a TV tuner card for your gaming system! ;)

Comment

Last night was a lot of fun. We had a moderate turnout, with each side having seven players at high tide. Thoughts on a few of the maps:

Waterfall: This map provided some of the best urban combat I've seen in the game. Every class came into play, with snipers finding high vantage points, riflemen covering low and long, and submachine gunners clearing buildings. I enjoyed this action a lot.

Flak Batterie: Very nice action on a wide open map, with plenty of flanking. Similar to Brecourt, but quite a bit bigger. We only had a few people on this map, but it was still great fun.

V2 Rocket Facility: Once people stopped getting lost so much (;)), things got pretty intense in this map. Most of the fighting took place near the objectives, as expected, and this action was brutal. One of the funniest things I saw was when my team was defending, and about four of the attackers came out one of the lower doors; as each one came out, he was dropped by one of our defending riflemen. Strangely, instead of backing up and finding another route (or popping smoke to cover their movement), they just kept coming. BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM! Like lemmings.

Valley of the Kings: Lots of LONG range exchanges of fire on this map (I had a kill with an unscoped bolt-action rifle from 191 yds). With more people, this map would be a bolt-action lover's dream. After everyone left for the night, I found a tunnel that runs underneath the middle portion of the map, with one end coming out near objective B. This would be very useful during the fighting!

Stalag 17B: Very intense CQB, with submachine gunners getting the majority of the kills. For the attacking team, planting the bomb wasn't all that hard, but defending it until detonation certainly was. Definitely one of the harder maps for attackers.

Moelingen: This map provided some nice, balanced action. Riflemen seemed to dominate here, as much of the fighting was low and long. The objectives are both in the open, so smoke cover was almost a necessity.

Pursuit 5: This map didn't stay in play for very long because of all the teamkills. To me, this says that too many people were running and gunning, without taking the time to identify their targets. Not a very good showing for TG folks.

Secret Airfield: This map started off fairly rocky because nobody knew where to go or what to do. On top of that, a high level of coordination is required among all of the various classes on a team in order to achieve the objectives, and this wasn't happening until the later rounds. I can see this map as being the most fun for a highly coordinated team.

Comment

I'm sorry to have missed last night. I got back from my golf league and had connection problems all night because of my cable connection.

Hopefully, next week I'll be able to get on for a full night.

Comment

Hey boys, sorry I missed it. If it's any consolation, I missed the hockey game too!

Been missing a lot of TG nights lately, getting busy out here, trying to squeeze in some gaming time for CoD2, AA and Ghost Recon. Starting to miss those games!
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X