TGvs17th AB, a night to remember.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGvs17th AB, a night to remember.....

The final score. Great games by both sides. Kudo's to the 17th AB for handing us a fantastic whopping. Ouch.....

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: TGvs17th AB, a night to remember.....

Yes, excellent scrim! Thanks to all who participated, both TG and 17th AB alike.

Guys, this was a great learning experience. The 17th AB is a very solid tactical realism clan that has plenty of scrims under its belt. I think we all saw (and felt) how well they coordinated and executed. We can certainly get that good with time and practice. We're planning more scrims, so we'll have the opportunity to gain more "battlefield" experience beyond practices.

One of the biggest things that gave us trouble last night, IMO, was our unfamiliarity with coordinating a nine- or ten-person team. Comms become a big factor with a group this big, and comms discipline becomes very important. We really don't practice comms with groups this large, so this is an area in which we could easily improve.
    Last edited by Strag; 11-08-2006, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Pre-assigned squads would be a help and with squad numbers or names. Then the leader could say 1st squad do so and so.

A line of command would also be helpful. I vote Strag as CO.

My thoughts.
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

We have learned a lot from last night. We are still a young CoD2 crowd and have some great tactical players. What we need to do now is get some training in and have all the TG players show up. Comm's were a big thing last night. We do need to have a chain of command. We had some good take charge people last night but not very well organized.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Learned a few lessons last night, one especially....... learning how to hit a wiggling target. I noticed a few of them doing a little dance when they were engaging so they were harder to hit.... cheap, but I guess effective. They definitly were covering eachothers movements alot better then we were.

Lets get some practices setup so we are better prepared for the next scrim.

BTW - Did anyone get a Fraps of it?
          Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
          "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

Yeah I definitely say we need more practice as a large group in general. And we could use a few practices as a large group to get this to happen. As for myself, I think I needed to be a bit more patient than I was against this talented group of guys.

One thing that I can say about 17th AB is that they were very good with their grenade usage and placement. That Made it very difficult for us. In fact I would say about a third to a half of my kills were due to grenades in this scrim.

But overall it was nice for us to get this learning experience, and hopefully we can get more of these scrims going in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sil3nt_Storm View Post
              One thing that I can say about 17th AB is that they were very good with their grenade usage and placement. That Made it very difficult for us. In fact I would say about a third to a half of my kills were due to grenades in this scrim.
              I had the same experience. They used all the weapons available to them very well, especially the grenades. We can get better at this.

Originally posted by Sil3nt_Storm View Post
              But overall it was nice for us to get this learning experience, and hopefully we can get more of these scrims going in the future.
              From what I hear from Obi and Fannon, we should have a scrim with ETS scheduled in the near future. I know ETS is ready to play us.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                From what I hear from Obi and Fannon, we should have a scrim with ETS scheduled in the near future. I know ETS is ready to play us.
                Well if that is true we need to get more practices in before we play them. I have played with them when they have a large group of members on their server, and they move very well together. Just like the 17th AB.

Comment

i am new to this clan but i have some input on this situation

i think having a player ranking system from recruits all the way up to like colonel or something would be better and also having your fundemental skills like (shooting {moving targets or targets that are hard to hit}, movement {flanking,covering, divirsions}, ect) we should make like second nature (so good that we can do without thinking about it) and then once we get that down it should be easier to conduct squad tactics

that is just my input

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X