Welcome to Black Ops at TacticalGamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Black Ops at TacticalGamer

Hi gang. Welcome to our new forum for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

We're about 3 weeks from game launch. Two servers have been pre-ordered and we'll be good to go on day 1 if the roll out goes well. I'll update you as news comes my way.

Please feel free to post up info you've found, questions you have or anything else related to Black Ops.

Here's a link back to our BO discussion thread in the CoD4 forum. I'll migrate it over here at some point but if , in the meantime, some enterprising individual wanted to collect the various links posted and put them in a thread here, that would be a huge help.

I'm really looking forward to playing this title and I'm glad that TG is able to host a couple of servers for our players. Please come and join us for some rounds when they go live.

Re: Welcome to Black Ops at TacticalGamer

In these rough console port days, i'm hoping this will stay true to it's roots. That should mean:

- dedicated servers (CONFIRMED)
    - VOIP (NOT confirmed but all previous COD titles has had it working)
    - modding (CONFIRMED)

So i see us having some nice S&D COD4 similar games atleast here. Great teamwork fun!

Comment

Agreed Superfast. I am hoping BO delivers a great game like CoD4 was and that Activi$on has learned their lesson from the debacle that was PC MW2. I have also heard that they are going to have squads ala World at War. Hopefully they put a little more thought into it than last time. It would be great to see fully functional squads w/ attack and defend orders, waypoints and other goodies. The inclusion of vehicles sounds fun, if we have maps that can handle it. Has anyone heard if there will be any type of destrucible enviornments similar to BC2? Since I have experienced it in the previously mentioned title, I don't know how I would ever get used to NOT being able to blow up walls and stuff.

I am also looking forward to some good S&D matches, but would actually prefer a mixed mode server. We have been having a blast on our CoD4 nights (Tues and Fri every week at 9pm, check it out!) with mixed game modes on custom maps. We have been proving over and over that Run 'n Gun does not necessarily preclude tactical play. Something the BC2 crowd should take note of I think (sorry, did I say that out loud?).

Anyways, I am really looking forward to the release, but can't help a feeling of trepidation. Here's hoping they get it right this time!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the new forum. I just might get this game for the PC as well as PS3. I'm starting to get excited again to play a COD game.

Comment

Bah, you should sell that nancy console to the children it was designed for, Size. Man up, and play only PC titles!

Real gamers use the most powerful tool for gaming... PC baby, PC!

sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping we might have some of the dumb (imo) killstreaks disabled. RC cars.. do not want.

Trogdor

Comment

Originally posted by Ryder View Post
              I'm hoping we might have some of the dumb (imo) killstreaks disabled. RC cars.. do not want.

Trogdor
              We're starting off with 2 ranked servers. That means we can not turn off any weps and perks. One will eventually be switched to unranked, which will give us a lot more control. Out of the gate though, we're running the game stock.

Comment

Figured that, just mean down the line if we do a HC SD server or something similar. Thanks for the info Drona.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X