So which game modes could suit TG ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So which game modes could suit TG ?

There's a handful of game modes, which ones could suit TG and why ?
    Lets assume voip is working on release
    What could work for us and how, what game modes worked in the past ?

edit
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Cal...Black_Ops#Maps
    gametypes
    Team Deathmatch
    Capture the Flag
    Search and Destroy
    Demolition
    Hardcore Team Deathmatch
    Hardcore Search and Destroy
    Headquarters
    Sabotage
    Domination
    Combat Training: Fight against enemy AI in a training mode
    Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM.

Re: So which game modes could suit TG ?

I think any of the non-tdm/dm game modes will be fine here at TG. We have been having a whole crap ton of fun playing on our Mixed Mode CoD 4 server for the past few months.

p.s. Anyone that claims that tactics and twitch/Run N Gun do not go together, is lying.

sigpic

Comment

The only ones I truly don't see working in TG (IMO) is TDM and CTF, simply because they are more suited to the game's run 'n gun nature. Others could be very well adapted to tactical gameplay (including hardcore TDM since it could force you to be more careful with your actions because you die a lot faster).

Comment

We're not going to run game modes where your sole objective is to rack up the most kills, so you won't be seeing Free for All and TDM in the rotation. We should give the other modes a chance though, including CTF. We play CTF a fair amount now on CoD4 and folks seem to like it just fine. You really have to work as a team to succeed.

I'm not sure about Demolition. To my mind, Sabotage or S&D sound more fun. But hey, let's give it a spin and see what happens.

Comment

I think that S&D is the "classic" mode here :D
          Capture the Flag could be fun. I've never played that mode back in COD4 so ... yay somethign new!
          Cant really formulate an oppinion on the rest. Since I still havent understood what HQ is all about and IMO all the "kill as much as you possibly can"-modes are just dull.
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Now that I have read the info on Demolition, I agree with Drona. I really didn't like the part about Spawn Trapping. *shudder*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by big-eye101 View Post
              Cant really formulate an oppinion on the rest. Since I still havent understood what HQ is all about and IMO all the "kill as much as you possibly can"-modes are just dull.
              Death match and Team Death match, the "kill all you can" modes(did I miss any), don't do much for me either.

For those that don't know, HQ, aka King of the Hill, works like this. The HQ spawns in a random location - there are typically five to seven locations per map where the HQ can spawn. The teams fight to control the HQ by placing players within the capture radius of a given location. The time needed to capture or destroy an HQ location is 20 seconds for a single player - that time is greatly reduced by each additional team member that is within the cap radius. The team that successfully captures the HQ will earn 5 points for each 5 seconds that they are able to hold and defend the HQ - up to 60 points for one minute - the current life of an HQ. The opposing team then has to try and capture(destroy) the HQ in order to stop the defenders from racking up points. The players on the team defending the captured HQ do not respawn until the HQ resets and moves or is captured by the opposing team - max respawn time would be 60 seconds if you die right when the HQ is captured by your team. Teams can only earn points while they hold an HQ/objective and the max per objective is 60 points.

HQ can be a lot of fun. For me, the key is having at least 2 but preferably 3 or 4 people within the cap radius during an attempt to control. HQ locations are nade magnets so the quicker you get it capped the quicker you can relocate to a better position. Even if you cap it and everybody within the radius immediately dies, you end up denying the opfor the ability to score points at that location, earn your team at minimum, 10 points and your remaining teammates, if any, still have a chance at holding it for the full 60 seconds/60 points.

If there are other game modes that folks have questions about please chime in.

Comment

I was never fond of S&D, simply because it's just way to identical to CSS's only game mode. I like all the other game modes though, beside Deathmatch.

Comment

I personally like S&D because we played it before on COD4 and CSS, but any mode with proper teamwork and working ingame VOIP will be great by me. I like trying new things too. :)

Comment

Definitely Combat Training.

Comment

Any game mode no matter what the game is great as long as the run and gun tactics are not used. Here at TG that seems to have gone to the way side. Teamwork and tactics are the key elements that TG was founded on. TDM modes only cause players to want to rank up and fill their kill hunger without any regard to how others want to play.

Drona has great ideas as to what has been working. My personal opinion is I like S&D as you can really slow the game down and play it the way TG should play a game. To me the other game types are fun but have a tendency to lead to R&G, just my opinion.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
                        Any game mode no matter what the game is great as long as the run and gun tactics are not used. Here at TG that seems to have gone to the way side. Teamwork and tactics are the key elements that TG was founded on. My personal opinion is I like S&D as you can really slow the game down and play it the way TG should play a game.
                        So why is the opinion that if a game is fast it's non tactical? Their were alot of us that left MW after the servers had been modded so far that the game wasn't even what was intended. If you want a game to be slow...fine, but don't insist that slow is the only thing tactical. the orig MW server was booming and then we made it more "tactical" and all but killed it. MOH is fast as hell....and guess what when we apply comms, strategic advances and attacks it's still fast....but efficient, swift, and far more thought out then any S&D match I had in MW in the 1 1/2 years I played it. Slowing a game means one thing...you WANT it slower. Don't say your slowing it down to "make" it tactical, because fast is just as tactical when done properly. If it's not then it's on the player base....not the speed of the game.
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                          If you want a game to be slow...fine, but don't insist that slow is the only thing tactical.
                          I guess I was not really clear. You are right, a game can be fast paced as long as it is not a run and gun feast. When I said slow it down it was meant to imply that teamwork is the key to having a successful game. To many times you can have comms, teamwork and all of a sudden someone runs forward to get an advantage only to come to their death and give away the other team. How many times have you seen players have a plan only to end up running to their deaths. So when I say slow it down I am meaning play a little more tactfully, just my 2 cents.
                          Last edited by Bubba; 11-04-2010, 06:31 PM.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

After reading the Demolition faq I think it should go. It states that all players start with a bomb and have 2:30 min to destroy the first site, if successfull you get 2:30 min to kill the last site. I just think that will lead to a big frantic mess due to the time constraints on the game mode and re-spawns.

As is being discussed above fast and slow can both be tactical, however in this game mode fast is the only tactic with such a short time frame IMO.

Comment

Didn't we have this same discussion when CoD4 launched? And it led to the same disagreements/arguments? To the point that a number of people got fed up and left TG? Let's not let that happen again.

Perhaps we run one server pretty much vanilla (HC of course :row__577: ) and then try different options on another server?
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...