My First Hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Hours

So, amidst all the connectivity issues (given its new) and all the drops from the servers here are my thoughts thus far:

SP game is very slow. It feels like my character is walking in syrup. Story line is meh at best, filled with too many cliche things. I found myself saying "I bet this is what happens next" and being right alot. But I am a hard sell on single player games.

MP was sub par imho. Sure there is voice (finally) but no one uses it, or the server admins turn it off completely. Bunny hopping and dolphin diving seem to have been built into the game. I watched players run, dive, shoot, get up, with no effect on their shooting. In fact, it seems to reward you with better accuracy when you go dolphin diving around. Now, I'm a prone fan as much as the next guy, but make it take a second to get down. Instant teleports to prone where a guy can start shooting right away isn't a good idea for gameplay balance.

Spawn system needs a revamp. 100% rework. I lost track of how many times I spawned next to a group of enemies or had one or two enemies spawn directly behind me. How can you move slow and clear when they are spawning behind you?

I know this will bring the flame, but I highly recommend waiting until after the first several patches are out, the servers calm down, and they fix alot of whats wrong.

It has potential, but I don't see them capitalizing on it any time in the near future. This one is getting stored on the shelf until I see patches.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: My First Hours

Well that really wasn't an issue on the TG servers when I played on them all the time, at least you can go prone and talk to people. What about the map size, Are they tinker-toy small like MoH or do they represent the same size maps that we were accustomed to in previous COD tittles?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The maps are really nice. There are a couple of small ones but on the whole their larger than most CoD4 maps, very playable IMO.

This game is very fast out of the box, just like CoD4 and 5 were. If you like a fast game you'll enjoy this. When we have a bunch of TG guys on, folks are working together and starting to use comms a lot more. I have not experienced any spawn problems that are out of the norm for maps like this with respawn modes.

Comment

I will say that with TG guys the gameplay changes into something more "fun" lol. With TG'ers playing, I will play. Without, I will avoid it like the plague

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X