Sorry Gents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Gents

I can live with a little lag here and there but, this game is almost unplayable for me. My GPU is on the borderline. My memory is on the cusp. And my CPU is way under the system requirements. I was so frustrated today, I just wanted to take an axe to my case and destroy my system. It was almost tolerable when it was 5 vs 5 earlier in the day. When the server was full at 9 vs 9, every time i got into a shootout my FPS would pretty much go to "1". It was horrible. I got really angry...lol. So, since I'm on a strict budget like the rest of the people in this world, I'm going to buy a doable CPU and more memory. Hopefully, when Newegg ships my new stuff, I'll be able to play with you all. Until then......I will be taking a break, so I don't break my stuff.

It's a really fun game but way too frustrating when your max FPS is 24-25 and drops to 1 during a battle. Dropping to 1 is pretty much a pause in gameplay. Gosh darnit.....I was soooo looking forward to not upgrading. Oh well.

See ya'll in a week.

P.S....seems like Balfa and myself both had a frustrating day. GL Balfa!! But on a positive note. It was cool to see the TG BO server at max capacity. TG for the win!!!!!!

Re: Sorry Gents

Yep, I'm in the exact same situation. When nothing's going on, I'm just about okay at 30-40fps, but if there's a chopper around, or more than a couple of players within 50m of me, it drops to 3-4fps, and sometimes pauses for a few seconds at a time.

Like I just said in the other thread, I'm upgrading my CPU (and motherboard... and ram... :/). My Radeon HD 5770 should be plenty good enough for now, though.
    Size, I'll see you and everyone else after Mr. UPS brightens up my day.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Imagine my frustration that even though my specs are well past minimum, I get horrible lags, stutters, and freezes. :(
      Good luck on your new system.

Comment

hey im not a pc guru but I have a I7 proccesser ati 5750, 8 gig mem and run every game to date just fine including Moh with fraps running and all. I got cod for the 360 and for pc and I have had tremendous lag issues and frame rate drops with pc version. I Know I'm not the only one from this thread and from countless people complaining about it in the game. I would hold off on upgrading your pc unless you just want to do it because I don't think this is an issue with your rig but with the game. I have the same problem on every single server, some times its ok but not great and others its horrible. Single shot and 3 round burst guns forget about hitting your target you have to go full auto and spray the whole body. only problem i have on 360 is the host migration thing and randomly getting booted from lobby. So just a heads up it might not be you I really think its the game because moh runs perfectly fine, battlefield as well.
        WWW.FULLEFFECTGAMING.COM
        sigpic
        IN ENTERTAINMENT WE TRUST!

Comment

It's an issue with the game, and Treyarch is apparently working on a patch.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I guess I might be due an upgrade anyway... Curious, do you get the same issues with singleplayer?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Try my tweaks I posted before you give up.

Also I have an extra processor so PM me.
              "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
              "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Well I am PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never preorder ever again! Total disappointment in this game. See below.....

/* rant on

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ON ANY PC !!!!!
                DO NOT BUY!!!!

*/ rant off

My name is Ron, Im a pro-gamer for Angle Gaming Labs b.v.b.a. Belgium.
                This is the worst installment of any of the COD's.
                NOT a single PC we tested the game on at the office was able to run the game
                without stuttering, lagging, jumping, .... you name it.

System 1: custom build
                Core2duo E6600 2.6GHZ
                4GB 1066 mhz DDRII Dominator Corsair
                ATI RADEON HD2900 XT
                ASUS mobo
                REALTEK onboard sound.
                Windows XP 32 bit.
                All drivers updated.

--> AVG 50-60 FPS (1024*768)

System 2: acer prefab
                I7 quadcore
                6GB 1333 DDR3
                RADEON HD4600
                REALTEK onboard sound.
                Windows 7 64bit
                All drivers updated

--> avg 20-25 FPS (1024*768) (pretty sad hu, for a system like this)

-----------------------------------------------------------

All resolutions tested, all fancy stuff disabled, no AA, no AF, no nothing.
                The renderer, according to my opinion, is not the main problem.

As long as NOTHING happens, you just run around on an empty map, dont shoot, all is well (besides the little jumps in FPS, I notice from the BSP trees loading)

BUT everytime an EVENT happens. For example, an npc spawns, an NPC shoots, I shoot, my opponent in MP shoots, WHATEVER. The FPS drops to 1, causing a terrible hickup. When multiple items trigger an EVENT, the system just comes to a halt.

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY!!

I noticed the link between fps coming to halt and events when something or somebody shoots. So I thought its the sound thats screwing everything up.
                Disabling ALL sound, voice, sfx, master.... did NOT change a single thing.

Next I opened up my taskmanager. Whenever an EVENT happens, the CPU cloggs up to 100%, ALL CORES!!!!!! (thats 8 for my quadcore with hyperthreading), resulting in system coming to halt, fps drops to ZERO.

Perhaps its the eventhandler then, but impossible to check for me.
                Something is seriously ROTTEN in Treyarch's code, its not id's renderer imo.

What can we do to fix this?
                You guys need a real betatester for PC so you can get some CORRECT feedback. (cough, I hereby apply)

What I dont understand is, HOW can this NOT be noticed during development? Answer, my (pissed of) guess, you dont give a **** about PC gamers anymore? The people that made the franchise and gaming big in the first place?

PLS help us ASAP!!!!

Very disappointed,

Ron
                Angle Gaming Labs b.v.b.a.

EDIT: What I forgot to clarify is, that it is not a HARDWARE issue, but a SOFTWARE issue imo, or is it?
                sigpic

Comment

It's a code issue. They released it with the same settings as console. Because PCs operate faster they basically run out of info. Your computer is requesting more information per second than the game server can put out. It can be fixed however, by using the console on the server to change the amount of packets in and out. The trouble is, Activision won't let you. The command you need to enter is banned. Game Servers has petitioned them to put the code on the whitelist but no one knows how long it will take.

This is what happens when you copy paste settings from the Xbox into the PC build.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

That's refreshing information. Thanks for the posts guys. I still believe that my 2.0ghz cpu, that is well under the minimum requirements, needs an upgrade to a 3.0+. I'm still going to upgrade my cpu and and 2 gigs of memory but, thanks soooooo much for posting your thoughts. I'm really mad at the developers for not thinking the whole thing out as should be. Being that I've run every game to date with no problems whatsoever, I should have been able to play the game at low settings at the very least. But playing at 800x600 and turning every setting to low or off doesn't make a bit of difference. So, I really have to agree with what everyone is saying. Hopefully they fix it soon. I'll be back after my upgrades arrive.

On a positive note, I played the game on the PS3 tonight and got to level 9. My KD is 1.90! At least I can play it with no lag problems. Cool game!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ON ANY PC !!!!!
                      DO NOT BUY!!!!
                      I have to disagree. I can play it well on my system and so can others I know who are playing it too.

Regarding the quoted systems...

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post

My name is Ron, Im a pro-gamer for Angle Gaming Labs b.v.b.a. Belgium.
                      This is the worst installment of any of the COD's.
                      NOT a single PC we tested the game on at the office was able to run the game
                      without stuttering, lagging, jumping, .... you name it.

System 1: custom build
                      Core2duo E6600 2.6GHZ
                      4GB 1066 mhz DDRII Dominator Corsair
                      ATI RADEON HD2900 XT
                      ASUS mobo
                      REALTEK onboard sound.
                      Windows XP 32 bit.
                      All drivers updated.

--> AVG 50-60 FPS (1024*768)

System 2: acer prefab
                      I7 quadcore
                      6GB 1333 DDR3
                      RADEON HD4600
                      REALTEK onboard sound.
                      Windows 7 64bit
                      All drivers updated

--> avg 20-25 FPS (1024*768) (pretty sad hu, for a system like this)
                      fy is, that it is not...
                      ... a real betatester for PC so you can get some CORRECT feedback. (cough, I hereby apply)
                      Well, regardless of the code errors and lack of tools at the moment, those systems are a bit odd and may not be well matched for new game titles you wish to test.

1. The Q6600, while great at the time, is 5+ years old and really performs better at higher clock speeds (Overclock it to at least 3.2GHz). The 2900XT is now 4 generations ago and XP 32bit is not fully utilizing the 4GB RAM - so the 50fps is actually good for that system.

2. The Core i7 is a GREAT CPU, but matched with a 4600 GPU? That card is a LOW end card from 2 years ago and is definitely bottle-necking the system which explains the low 20-25 fps. Some newer, higher quality GPU cards, like ATI HD 58xx, 68xx series or Nvidia GTX 460 and above would GREATLY improve those systems graphic output.

Maybe then they'll consider your "real betatester" application seriously :icon16:.

-Z

:icon_frow
                      |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                      sigpic

Comment

That wasn't me M8 :-) I quoted that from another source in my anger at having been ripped off by a Snake Oil salesman from Treyarch. I read the specs for this game that they put out and my system is above them. It is totally unplayable for me.

I have a:
                        Dual core 2.7 CPU
                        4 GIGs Ram
                        GTS 250 Graphics card

and I can't get more that 2 fps when I see another person in game. I'd say something is wrong with their product wouldn't you?
                        Regardless of the system specs the guy gave who did the review I think he has a valid point that you shouldn't need a computer bought yesterday and that cost you $2000 to play a COD title. I think this is just lazy programmers that don't give a hoot about PC gamers anymore because we don't make them enough money!!

Todd
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm using a radeon 4890 with amd quad core and 4gigs of ram, I have absolutely no lag in the game, running 1900x1200 with settings maxed, windows 7. I did experience lag on one server I tried yesterday, but mine's been fine on the TG server.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            I'm using a radeon 4890 with amd quad core and 4gigs of ram, I have absolutely no lag in the game, running 1900x1200 with settings maxed, windows 7. I did experience lag on one server I tried yesterday, but mine's been fine on the TG server.
                            Storm.... what is your CPU you are running?

I have very little lag issues and her'es what I'm running:

CPU - Qx9650 overclocked to 3.5
                            GPU - GTX275
                            8g DDR2 800 memory

The computer specs are getting faster and faster as we progess in technological avances and at some point the games being released will take more and more to run. It's just a fact of life that at some point you will have to upgrade. Maybe they will solve the issue on this game as Dredge has posted but lets get real guys.... tell me what game has been released without issues???
                            "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                            "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                              It's a code issue. They released it with the same settings as console. Because PCs operate faster they basically run out of info. Your computer is requesting more information per second than the game server can put out. It can be fixed however, by using the console on the server to change the amount of packets in and out. The trouble is, Activision won't let you. The command you need to enter is banned. Game Servers has petitioned them to put the code on the whitelist but no one knows how long it will take.

This is what happens when you copy paste settings from the Xbox into the PC build.
                              GS says that an update to change the maxRate Dvar from 5000 to 25000 (the old norm for other CoD titles) has been done this morning. I restarted the servers so it would take affect. Mixed reports are coming in as to whether the fix took on folks servers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X