pretty un optimized

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty un optimized

so I have a 4890, quad core 945 and 4 gigs of memory and on 1024x768 I only manage 40 or 50 fps? WTH is that? is this thing single core only? I should be able to TEAR through this game. I can max bfbc2 out and get 70-8- fps and that has destruction???
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: pretty un optimized

Yeah my Q6600/GTX 260 won't run it worth a crap either, but it's a problem. Should be fixed, dunno when. Won't use more than 40% of my GTX 260 in it's current state. Runs fine for most though :/.

Comment

As with all games lately, if it's released on all systems (xbox, ps3, wii etc.) the pc is a much lower priority for the developers to fix the problems since most of the revenue is generated from consoles. We'll get fixed eventually. Patience.....patience...

Comment

There are built in settings for multi GPU and CPU. These can be set in your config_mp.cfg in your game root/players folder.

seta r_multiGpu "1"
        seta r_multithreaded_device "1"

See if adjusting those to suit your hardware helps.

Comment

Also, in the config file, look for sys_sysMB I think it is. I believe it is RAM allocation/detection, and mine was set to 1024 by default, and when I set it to 2048/3096 the game ran quite a bit better in between stutters. Still stutters though.

Comment

I have a Q6600 @3.0Ghz and a 4870 512mb and can run it @ 1680 x 1050 2AA, 8AF (I think, using the scale as a guess) = 50-65fps avg. It has never dropped below low 40's and will get up into the 80's at times. I still see the stutters but it doesn't seem to be my system holding me down just the game needing some fixes implimented.

Veeman you didn't post your results for a bigger resolution? I have heard that putting 2AA on has actually boosted some peoples fps??

Comment

I think part of the issue with being a port, is apparently the game was using 99% CPU, and almost no GPU at all. I'm not if if that was what the patch was for last night, because its running quite a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                I think part of the issue with being a port, is apparently the game was using 99% CPU, and almost no GPU at all. I'm not if if that was what the patch was for last night, because its running quite a bit better.
                It wasn't as I'm still getting exactly that. I'm one of the few with problems in SP AND MP because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Five Nine View Post
                  Also, in the config file, look for sys_sysMB I think it is. I believe it is RAM allocation/detection, and mine was set to 1024 by default, and when I set it to 2048/3096 the game ran quite a bit better in between stutters. Still stutters though.
                  This is the one that fixed my game except for the stutters are still there. Just not as bad.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ven I'm running about the same with a Qx9650 quad 3.0 and GTX 275 with 8G memory and that's about all I'm getting in the way of FPS. This game is a resource hog. But please see my post about tweaking BO. It's in this forum and will help to some degree. What Drona posted in very important as your game will not take avantage of the multiple cores unless you make that adjustment in your config_mp.cfg file.

EDIT: I just realized Drona stickied the post for the tweaks! Yea Drona!
                    Last edited by Mediator; 11-13-2010, 04:42 PM.
                    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X