A Gentle Reminder to be a Gentleman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Gentle Reminder to be a Gentleman

Hello everybody. I will be cross posting this to both the CoD 4 and BO forums. I haven't played BO yet, but I assume that this may apply to that title as well.

When we started playing on the mixed mode server a while back, we had small 3v3 to 5v5 games and everything was golden. Objectives were the priority, communication was king, and you could move from spawn and not die immediately (for the most part).

But, things have changed since our CoD 4 nights have become increasingly popular and the server is drawing a much larger crowd. Now, before I get screamed down with defensive replies, I understand that this is, partially, the nature of the beast that is mixed mode gameplay.

Here are some ideas that I implore the community to consider:

1. We play objective based game modes and as such, we should be focusing on completing said objectives. We do not play DM or TDM. Now, I realize that killing the enemy is essential to completing the objective but, it should not be the primary objective. If that is the style of play that you are looking for (which there is nothing wrong with) there are many DM and TDM servers out there.

2. We all have speakers and microphones. We should be using them. Communicate with your team, call out contacts, make/discuss a plan of attack/defense. Communication is essential for completing your objectives and is part of the fun!

3. Everyone knows that the spawn points have been a sore spot in mixed mode gameplay for a long time. Everyone also knows that some spawn killing IS going to happen. But how we choose to deal with it defines the type of gamers we are. If, for example, a player is told via TS several times that they are shooting into a spawn, I feel the "spawn camper" should back off a little in order to allow spawning players to gain situational awareness. Stating "You know the spawns suck" or "Your spawn is in my path" works only if you move past said spawn point. I have been seeing too many instances of players NOT moving past the spawn point but instead, camping said spawn point in the same of enemy suppression. This is not cool. This is the behavior of a pubbie server.

Now, I know nothing is perfect. And I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular (heck, I have done my fair share of kill hunting/spawn killing). I, like everyone else here, just wants to game with my friends and have some fun, tactical-twitch gameplay.

We are all friends here, lets treat each other with the respect we all deserve and keep our game night filled with fun and tactics.

The preceding message is just my opinion on what I have been seeing lately and suggestions to help alleviate the problems. Thanks for reading.

sigpic

Re: A Gentle Reminder to be a Gentleman

Well said! :)
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't do +rep from my phone, so I'll have to get you later.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Well said Mindkill.
        sigpic

Comment

Well said! Coming from CSS we had similar guidelines. I would love to see if we can make this happen here in the future once we get a regular flow of TG'ers on the server.

Comment

I'd like to point out that not everyone is in Teamspeak, please communicate in game if you can. If you grab the bomb for search and destroy do not run off, make a plan and let others go in front. You do not want to let the enemy see the bomb.

TG is at it's best when a teammate calls out enemy positions helping you score kills and saving your digital hide from a potential death.

Comment

Let's give this a great big BUMP!

sigpic

Comment

I feel that the original post needs another bump. Especially items 1 and 3.

I am not pointing fingers but, everyone should remember where they are playing.. and what tags you are wearing.

Also worth mentioning is Team Speak usage: Some idle chatter is fine, as most of us like to do a little friendly trash talking and perhaps some gossip about the game. But, lets try and keep the TS usage minimal (especially in S&D) and, for the most part, game related. Lastly, lets try to not talk over other people. Not only is it rude, it makes it difficult to concentrate on anything.

sigpic

Comment

I agree very well said

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                  Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

very well said indeed
                    |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
                    BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
                    Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

I agree we got keep the TS down a bit. I know I'm at fault too and I will to keep my voice down.
                      |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

I tend to agree all around, but I have to throw my opinion about ts out there. I understand (especially in SnD) that there is too much random talking (I am definately guilty), but in all honesty I have never been killed because someone was talking on ts. I come on ts to talk to people, I use ingame chat to talk to my team tactically. Again, I do agree sometimes (lately a lot of the time) there can be way too much talking in ts. But, ... that is why we are all there. If it is for admin purposes only then honestly there is no point. Remember one thing, we are playing an arcade shooter, not ARMA or PR. If there isn't anyone allowed to talk in ts except when we need to ask an admin to make room for us, then may as well not be on ts. Just be in the game and type, thats what I found (and seriously felt like) was happening this afternoon.

-Crazy
                        |TG| CrazySob
                        sigpic
                        Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Thanks for your input crazy. We are still talking about it all.
                          |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...