Server 2 - What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2 - What to do?

Server 2 is still behaving poorly for some folks. If you can find, please try joining it and report back your results.

UPDATE: Server 2 online!

It's set to run Hardcore S&D currently. Once it gets fixed what do folks want to see it running? Here are the available playlists, excluding DM and TDM:

Capture the Flag
    Demolition
    Domination
    Headquarters
    Sabotage
    Search and Destroy

They can be played 3 ways:

Vanilla - All the bells and whistles
    Barebones - No perks, killstreaks, etc.
    Hardcore - No HUD, lowered player health.

Also available is

Team Tactical - Vanilla Mixed mode with CTF, Domination, Demolition and Search and Destroy. This is what runs on server 1 most of the time.

I think the health in Barebones is the same as vanilla but I'm not sure. So, what are folks thoughts?
    Last edited by P.Drona; 11-13-2010, 06:41 PM.

Re: Server 2 - What to do?

Server 2 is now running fine.

Comment

For a second there, I thought you were talking to yourself!

Comment

Hard Core S&D.... And have the ingame scroll tell peeps not all be camping snipers. Like Mindkill :-) <-----This in italics is sarcasm.
        sigpic

Comment

I second the Hardcore S&D. The perks help cater to play styles and really make me play stealthy if I want or play body guard with the bomb (flak jacket, second chance, etc.) With a maximum of 7 rounds I haven't seen anyone rack up a ridiculous killstreak (except for my chopper gunner from a supply crate). It keeps the COD flavor but doesn't sacrifice the TG gameplay with communication and excellent teamwork. I just got finished playing a couple of rounds on TG and it's the most fun I've had on any TG server in quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
            I just got finished playing a couple of rounds on TG and it's the most fun I've had on any TG server in quite a while.
            You obviously haven't been playing our CoD4 nights on Tuesdays and Fridays ;)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Yeah i've been having a blast on server 2 this weekend. Still a bit new so can't really point to anything special yet, but it's fun teamwork. And ingame VOIP WORKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                And ingame VOIP WORKS!

and no one uses it! seriously I am constantly talking in voip and everyone is mass talking in TS.....no wonder developers think it's ok to get rid of......START THE CHATTER IN VOIP GUYS
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                  and no one uses it! seriously I am constantly talking in voip and everyone is mass talking in TS.....no wonder developers think it's ok to get rid of......START THE CHATTER IN VOIP GUYS
                  It's sometimes hard to hear. Actually it's always hard to hear. Wish there was a way to boost the volume receiving and transmitting.

Comment

i turn my music down a lot, and everything else but voice down a few notches..it seems to help. Also, what seems to help is playing hard core :) If nothing else..don't hear the sound of full clips being deflected off of my enemies body. But it does make me sad and distraught that the only hardcore TG server is S&D.

Comment

I also think now that the opening week frenzy is behind us we should start enforcing the COD (Rules/Principles) a bit tighter. ie: Hunting on S&D, Dolphin Diving, I know it is in game but it still goes against the |TG| way of playing.

Just my 2 cents Todd
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                        It's sometimes hard to hear. Actually it's always hard to hear. Wish there was a way to boost the volume receiving and transmitting.
                        I always have my mic boost on in windows and had the same problem....low and behold when I installed BO my mic boost "magically" reset itself to off, once I turned it back on I was good to go
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I have heard you in game Ven, though it is a bit low. I have to get back to using my mic (defaults to muted everytime and I always forgett to turn it on before launching).

I have yet to find server 2 but have been on server 1. All I know is that I really can't stand vanilla in any mode. I have been mostly playing other servers in HC HQ because of how much I dispise vanilla. So as long as server 2 is working well and is hardcore I'm happy to play domination, S&D or HQ.

Comment

Sorry to continue the thread jack, but there were a couple of comments that I would like to agree with.

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                            I also think now that the opening week frenzy is behind us we should start enforcing the COD (Rules/Principles) a bit tighter. ie: Hunting on S&D, Dolphin Diving, I know it is in game but it still goes against the |TG| way of playing.

Just my 2 cents Todd
                            I whole heartedly agree with this. I know that it will make life hard on the administration staff but, the kill hunters and lone wolfs are turning our TG server into another face in the crowd.

Also, why do we disallow bunny hopping, but not dolphin diving? I was told that dolphin diving is just part of the game. With that logic, so is bunny hopping. If the argument of, "In real life, you don't hop around corners wearing an 80 lb pack." works for bunny hopping, it works for dolphin diving as well. So, in my mind, we should either ban the diving, or start allowing hopping. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                            I have heard you in game Ven, though it is a bit low. I have to get back to using my mic (defaults to muted everytime and I always forgett to turn it on before launching).

I have yet to find server 2 but have been on server 1. All I know is that I really can't stand vanilla in any mode. I have been mostly playing other servers in HC HQ because of how much I dispise vanilla. So as long as server 2 is working well and is hardcore I'm happy to play domination, S&D or HQ.
                            I would also like to see the Mixed Mode server go hard core. I have no reason or facts to sway people to my way of thinking... It's just a personal choice on my part. I, of course, will continue to play on server 1 regardless of which mode is in effect.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                              Sorry to continue the thread jack, but there were a couple of comments that I would like to agree with.

I whole heartedly agree with this. I know that it will make life hard on the administration staff but, the kill hunters and lone wolfs are turning our TG server into another face in the crowd.

Also, why do we disallow bunny hopping, but not dolphin diving? I was told that dolphin diving is just part of the game. With that logic, so is bunny hopping. If the argument of, "In real life, you don't hop around corners wearing an 80 lb pack." works for bunny hopping, it works for dolphin diving as well. So, in my mind, we should either ban the diving, or start allowing hopping. Just my 2 cents.

I also dislike when people dolphin dive in an attempt to gain an advantage in a firefight. However, after playing a few days in the server, it appears that most of the dolphin diving is done entirely by accident. I always end up diving over the bomb site when I really just want to go prone and set the bomb.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X