typing a curse word in the servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typing a curse word in the servers

been playing a lot on our servers, and i have to ask, why do you have to type a curse word after you die or you lose a game? why don't you just say it as loud as you can in your own home so other people don't see it? since our servers say no foul language every so often in the chat part of the game, yet people have to type in sh** fu** in the chat. i can understand if you said it on teamspeak because its harder sometimes to realize that you said it because your so into the game. but is it that hard not to type it in as well? if there are non tg players reading this, we do not allow swearing in the game even though the game does it, but this is gaming community rule, not just for the games that have swearing. just please keep the swearing down on our servers. i swear alot, prolly enough to get me thrown out of tactical gamer, reason why it hasn't gotten me kicked out is because i do not make it public on the voice chats, or on the chat itself.

Re: typing a curse word in the servers

Couldnt agree with you more. And well put. :)
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Always gives me a good laugh when this subject comes up ... yet the game is rated M :D

Comment

Sting, it's not about a rating system, it's about mutual respect between players, one of our core values. I personally have nothing against swearing, and do it regularly at home, but for whatever reason, some people have a harder time showing respect in an environment where swearing is okay, so we're helping those people out by putting these rules in place.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Well said Balfa.

Comment

It should be obvious to TG members to not curse in chat, but if you want to get rid of it with pubbies then you will have to work hard with lots of auto-announcements in chat, etc about it. Remember that this is CoD and unfortunately the majority of the general public playerbase (or the ones that use chat the most often) revolves around immature 12 year olds who have self-esteem problems in real life so they take it out on people in game. These people are going to need the rules constantly stated to them if there is any hope of them following it. That of course is only if this is a major problem at the moment which it may not be.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Always gives me a good laugh when this subject comes up ... yet the game is rated M
              like i stated before, this rule we have about no swearing is tactical gamer rule through out all games we play in including games that may not be M rated. since its a rule through out the whole community and all the games we support we still have to abide by our rules and enforce them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vita158 View Post
                but is it that hard not to type it in as well? if there are non tg players reading this, we do not allow swearing in the game even though the game does it, but this is gaming community rule, not just for the games that have swearing.
                I am hoping that your not saying someone with TG tags typed in a curse word on our server....please say that is not the case
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

no but i do see lots of non tg players do it. i'm just saying why do people have to type it in? i can understand an excuse if u say it on teamspeak like, oh sorry didn't mean to say it, just slipped out." what's the excuse when typing it? "oh sorry my hands got a mind of their own, and my hands were beating me up so i could type it on the server, won't happen again."

Comment

No offense fellas. I'm not questioning the policy, just always get a chuckle out of it for some reason. BC2, for example, is hilarious because the characters say mofo etc quite often, yet the chat censors the same words. :D

Comment

Yeah I had to say something about this yesterday to a few guys on the server. Lucky enough the guys were nice enough to apologize and play on. I did notice that it has been happening pretty frequent in TS though. I am the same way I curse a lot on my own but as far as I know I have never done it on TS or in game.

Comment

While I do my best to follow this rule (occasionally slip up on TS when I'm not thinking), I think it's kind of hilarious. We say it's because of respect and maturity but people who can't handle hearing a word are the ones who need to grow up. These are words that you (or your children in anything beyond like the 4th Grade lol, if that's what you're worried about) already hear on a daily basis. The words are offensive because you decide to get offended, no biggy imo.

Trogdor

Comment

Originally posted by Vita158 View Post
                          been playing a lot on our servers, and i have to ask, why do you have to type a curse word after you die or you lose a game? why don't you just say it as loud as you can in your own home so other people don't see it? since our servers say no foul language every so often in the chat part of the game, yet people have to type in sh** fu** in the chat. i can understand if you said it on teamspeak because its harder sometimes to realize that you said it because your so into the game. but is it that hard not to type it in as well? if there are non tg players reading this, we do not allow swearing in the game even though the game does it, but this is gaming community rule, not just for the games that have swearing. just please keep the swearing down on our servers. i swear alot, prolly enough to get me thrown out of tactical gamer, reason why it hasn't gotten me kicked out is because i do not make it public on the voice chats, or on the chat itself.
                          dude thats what i do. when i died i just yell out BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP... :D

Comment

Originally posted by michael250 View Post
                            dude thats what i do. when i died i just yell out BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP... :D
                            See people.. We do not need to protect todays children from foul language. This 13 yr old already knows about it. Hell, he probably knows more than I do and I'm almost 40!

sigpic

Comment

Even though the game is rated M, the TG rule has more meaning behind it than just saying inappropriate things. TG thrives as a community because of our rules and standards. Not swearing is the most simple one too follow. If players can't follow that, then what are the odds of them following the others? No spawn killing, bunny hopping etc. It takes discipline and maturity to follow that rule. The 2 things that make TG what it is today.

I swear. I slip in TS sometimes, but I always catch myself and apologize. Whether or not people find it offensive is only a small portion of the reason behind the rule. It's about making players commit to the TG ways. Maturity, and respect.

I always chuckle when this topic comes up with M rated games. Not because players get in trouble for saying the things the game does, but because no one really takes the time to figure out what the rules true purpose is. Helping to provide a friendly mature place to play, and showing others that our commitment to our community is strong enough that we follow all it's rules no matter how silly they might seem to others. Thats why TG will always be leading the way in online communities.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X