Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cod bo vs cod 4 and a couple of questions..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cod bo vs cod 4 and a couple of questions..

I played a fair amount of cod 4 here at TG (hi fellas :) ) and was wondering if some of the old cod 4 players would mind giving a general comparison of the two games.. MP is my only interest. Its my understanding that there are no mod tools at this point so im not looking for a comparison to server 2, server 1 is fine. Never played [email protected] and wasnt going near MW2.. so cod 4 is my only cod experience...

Im kind of concerned about the dogs of war... do the individual dogs die easily?

have any of the old perks been reworked.. in a negative way?

thanks for the info :)

Re: cod bo vs cod 4 and a couple of questions..

Hey Teratoma. Nice to see you around again. I'm struggling to get my comp to run this game. Hopefully an update to the game will fix my issues. Others don't seem to have a problem. But, back to your question, as far as server 2 goes I haven't played on it yet. In regards to the gameplay, the dogs of war are brutal and smarter than that of WaW but can easily be killed or knifed if timed right. Some of the perks have been reworked and some done away with. IMHO I believe the game is balanced better than COD4 but since I can't play the PC version very well I'm going off playing it on the PS3. I did get some rounds in and had a blast on the PC. Sorry, wish I could answer your question better.

GL

Comment

Simply put, Multiplayer is as balanced as it ever was in my humble opinion. The perks have had slight changes, here's what I've noticed so far:
      -Juggernaut (Extra Health) has been removed
      -Stopping Power (Extra Damage) has been removed
      -Martyrdom has been completely removed
      -Marathon allows you to sprint longer but not infinitely
      -Scavenger allows grenade pick ups as well as ammo but not grenade launcher rounds.
      -Certain perks have been shuffled around meaning that you can no longer run infinitely long with marathon and silently with ninja since they both take up the same space. Overall this means that perks that made you super fast and stealthy or just plain able to soak up ungodly amount of damage have been removed. You're still able to cater towards your play style.

Also the system for leveling up has changed a bit, you level up much faster but don't get weapons, you unlock them to buy which is earned with a seperate currency called COD points. This means that if you want to get to the next SMG you'll get there faster and can save your money for that and can skip over those sniper rifles you never used. If you trully want to master everything however and unlock all weapons and perks you'll be able to do so with the same amount of time invested in leveling up in COD4.

The Dogs of War are extremely rare and a top tier killstreak (like 11 kills in a row if I remember correctly), second only to helo pilot. It's inanely hard to get to since killstreaks, and equipment kills (ie claymores) don't extend your killstreak. If they're anything like World at War then you just need to time a knife kill at the right time or shoot them early, watch your back (keep it up against a corner in other words) and you'll be fine. I haven't seen it in game at all yet so it's a pretty good indication.

Server One is Vanilla which means it can be a little hard to kill someone and tends to attract a little more run and gun gameplay.
      Server Two is Hardcore Search and Destroy which means it's a lot slower pace and much more tactical.

TLDR: Simply put, it's got a lot of the innovation that MW2 and World at War brought to the table but very very balanced and taken out a lot of the 'cheap' kills, perks, and imbalances. Maps are also a bit bigger than MW2 and slightly bigger than COD4. If you like COD4 I have no doubt you'll enjoy Black Ops.

Comment

thanks for the replies so far, very informative.

the cod cash system sounds great. I always wanted an xp pool instead of unlocking weapon after weapon that I never use to get to the one I really want... reading about this system makes me really happy. :D <-- see.

well, so far Im thinking that I'll see what goodness patches bring and then prolly end up buying. And hopefully I'll find a nice sale at some near future point. Still happy with my $20 bc2 download. ;)

thanks again.

[edit] server two is sounding like a great place to call home! :D

Comment

Sirusblk.....nicely put. And I agree. I have seen a couple dogs now and it's kinda funny watching them. They wouldn't make for a good family pet though.

Comment

actually I have a question about the scavenger perk. in cod 4 you would pick up ammo/nades just by walking over a body.. is that not the case now? I just remember trying to sneak around and being given away by the sound of the auto pick up. It sucked. :P With the scavenger perk does one need to interact with the body at all or is it auto?

thanks. :)

Comment

it's automatic
              sigpic
              Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Yeah, I like that perk a lot because I don't like running out of ammo. And I'm not too good using my pistol when I have to switch weapons. With MW2 you could replenish your claymores but have no more than 2 on the map at one time. With BO, you do not get any more claymores. You are able to replenish your ammo and nades. You'll see a blue box laying around that you just walk over and that's it.

Comment

hmm, cool thanks. :)

it really sounds like theyve done a lot right with this game...

Comment

You'll still hear a suit zip up when someone picks them up. Not sure if that goes away in the pro version (or upgraded form of the perk) or not. Yes your perks level up now :D

Comment

Sirus hit it on the head..you buy the stuff you want, leave the rest behind, and there are always those of us that just have to try eveything!! I stay pretty "broke" in game! hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                        Sirus hit it on the head..you buy the stuff you want, leave the rest behind, and there are always those of us that just have to try eveything!! I stay pretty "broke" in game! hahahahah
                        Lol, same here Biride. Every time I leave the server to change a kit, or to leave for dinner or whatever, I make sure to spend every penny I can! Gots to have shiny toys!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X