Having trouble...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble...

I'm hoping its not just my computer being too slow, but whenever I jump onto a server I can play lag-free for about 10 seconds...and then it starts chopping up and stops completely after about 20 seconds. I don't think the problem is my computer as the graphics in Black Ops don't seem to be too taxing, and I can run Bf2142, MW2 and SC2 just fine.
    Any suggestions?

Aliases I go by:

DeTeR

L1QuiiD

SK37CH

Re: Having trouble...

Possible help here, however your best bet is probably waiting for the next patch as this game needs optimized very badly for certain people/systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Five Nine View Post
      Possible help here, however your best bet is probably waiting for the next patch as this game needs optimized very badly for certain people/systems.
      any word on a patch to help this out? I have to imagine it will be soon? Hell even EA patched BC2 and MOH several times within the first 2 weeks
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Deterhek View Post
        I'm hoping its not just my computer being too slow, but whenever I jump onto a server I can play lag-free for about 10 seconds...and then it starts chopping up and stops completely after about 20 seconds. I don't think the problem is my computer as the graphics in Black Ops don't seem to be too taxing, and I can run Bf2142, MW2 and SC2 just fine.
        Any suggestions?
        whats your specs? I have a decent machine
        AMD Phenom II 945 quad
        4 gigs Gskill memory
        ATI 4890

and was surprised when I pulled up my fps, I bounce from 50-90 fps depending on where I am in the map
        I play at 1440X900 maxed and thought for sure I would have more fps. Another odd thing is the in game fps counter turns red when it gets under 50 fps, and actually the game gets a little choppy..that all seems very weird to me. In other games I don't see any chop until I am under 30 fps?
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ahh, sorry I can't give you my system specs because I don't even know what's within my machine. I've got an iMac and run BootCamp to play PC games. And since iMacs are completely sealed I can't get in and have a look :P
          Thanks for the help guys

Aliases I go by:

DeTeR

L1QuiiD

SK37CH

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse