Hardcore on Server 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore on Server 1

Like Drona says, it needs its own thread...

No doubt about it, server 1 needs Hardcore. Is the problem that we can't do HC without picking just one specific gametype? If so, even HC domination or something is better than what we have now.

I don't know why a community like Tactical Gamer would settle for anything other than HC. The guns feel like marshmallows without it.

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment.

[Spartan 9]

Re: Hardcore on Server 1

What about the people that don't enjoy the "hardcore" experience? I still find HC very tacked on, like it was in COD4.

*edit, I don't mind playing HC once in awhile, which is why it's cool having it on one server.

Comment

That's odd. I feel like hardcore is the way it's meant to be played. So what is it that makes marshmallow softcore mode more of a "near-simulation environment" than hardcore mode?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I want to keep server 1 vanilla. If we want other modes on HC, we can enable that on server 2 can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
          I want to keep server 1 vanilla. If we want other modes on HC, we can enable that on server 2 can't we?
          I enjoy hardcore, but having 2 servers of it makes no sense. If hardcore is wanted just join the other server. keeping the vanilla server not only allows those at TG who enjoy it have a place to play it also brings alot of "new" people and traffic into TG. My vote is 1 HC and 1 vanilla
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
            That's odd. I feel like hardcore is the way it's meant to be played. So what is it that makes marshmallow softcore mode more of a "near-simulation environment" than hardcore mode?
            Balfa you have 2 key words in your statement "I feel". if Vanilla is not your choice of gameplay why not hit server 2? Hardcore is the only way I have ever played COD....but I will admit I am enjoying the vanilla as well right now. either way we are in a great position as we have the best of both worlds!:)
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I H.A.T.E vanilla COD, always have. Any FPS that turns the guns into "marshmallows" turns me off it in a hurry. I find vanilla very frustrating to play with the lack of damage, plus very distracting with all of the extra on screen info.

If we had two HC servers I would be fine with that. The problem currently seems to be the limitations on map rotation and game types for HC. I have and will play on server 1 in vanilla a bit simply to play with TG guys / gals but will spend the majority on my time playing other servers that are HC. Just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                Like Drona says, it needs its own thread...

No doubt about it, server 1 needs Hardcore. Is the problem that we can't do HC without picking just one specific gametype? If so, even HC domination or something is better than what we have now.

I don't know why a community like Tactical Gamer would settle for anything other than HC. The guns feel like marshmallows without it.
                The community may not always have the same viewpoints as your own, which is why it is important to appeal to both sides.

Not all of us enjoy playing HC all the time. That is why server 1 should remain vanilla and server 2 should remain HC IMO to please both groups.

Comment

Why do we, who have been here and came here to TG looking for a near sim environment, keep on repeatedly being told and forced into a pub play mentality? I know that I havent been on the servers, but what the hell happened to Tactical Gamer? You play on our servers because WE play hardcore and love the teamwork aspect of turning games into TG games.

Yes, vanilla is cool and all, but to what extent? I can say for sure that we are curtailing to the type of play that is associated with kids and clans..... I thought that we were a tactical community that wants things like they SHOULD be, not as they are!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

a bit of TG history for you all

The TG primer used to use the word "realism" and switched to the word "simulation", this was discussed in this State of Union address

food for thought ... yes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                      Why do we, who have been here and came here to TG looking for a near sim environment, keep on repeatedly being told and forced into a pub play mentality? I know that I havent been on the servers, but what the hell happened to Tactical Gamer? You play on our servers because WE play hardcore and love the teamwork aspect of turning games into TG games.

Yes, vanilla is cool and all, but to what extent? I can say for sure that we are curtailing to the type of play that is associated with kids and clans..... I thought that we were a tactical community that wants things like they SHOULD be, not as they are!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      why is it an issue for you guys? we HAVE a hardcore server...their, done, end of it. We also happen to have a vanilla server as well....what's the issue? what is it that is so troubling to the die hard HC guys? you have a place to play. It's like you ordered a steak rare and got a rare steak served to you but happen to notice the guy 3 tables away has a well done steak and you get upset about it? as long as their is a HC server for you all to play on I really don't see a reason to keep going round and round.

Comment

I don't see HC on server 1 happening soon. Vanilla is more popular and in no way conflicts with TG principles.

The "near simulation" folks talk about has to take into account the context of the given game world. Playing CoD on HC may be more realistic in some peoples opinions but it is not necessary for the practice of our core principles. Communication, teamwork, tactics and mutual respect do not require Hardcore mode to function. It's up to each of us to make the game every time we join. Use the comms, help organize and inform other team members, educate folks playing with us the first time, etc. Nobody is gonna do it for you. The "community" is still based on the sum of folks individual efforts.

Speaking of community, we have a very diverse audience of TG players that are being attracted to this CoD title and we should be welcoming them as well as any newcomers. When making your comments, please keep that in mind. You all remember that mutual respect thing right? Everybody has different tastes and preferences. It should be a big tent folks. We're all here for the same thing, we just like it served up different ways.

Server 2, yes, we have 2 servers, is set to hardcore and it is not nearly as populated as the vanilla server is. You hardcore folks need to get organized and get that thing poppin before you start crabbin' about server 1. If an admin's on, they can put up whatever HC playlist you'd like to get a game going on. HC playlists are all currently single game type. It's default playlist is HC S&D.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                          I don't see HC on server 1 happening soon. Vanilla is more popular and in no way conflicts with TG principles.

The "near simulation" folks talk about has to take into account the context of the given game world. Playing CoD on HC may be more realistic in some peoples opinions but it is not necessary for the practice of our core principles. Communication, teamwork, tactics and mutual respect do not require Hardcore mode to function. It's up to each of us to make the game every time we join. Use the comms, help organize and inform other team members, educate folks playing with us the first time, etc. Nobody is gonna do it for you. The "community" is still based on the sum of folks individual efforts.

Speaking of community, we have a very diverse audience of TG players that are being attracted to this CoD title and we should be welcoming them as well as any newcomers. When making your comments, please keep that in mind. You all remember that mutual respect thing right? Everybody has different tastes and preferences. It should be a big tent folks. We're all here for the same thing, we just like it served up different ways.

Server 2, yes, we have 2 servers, is set to hardcore and it is not nearly as populated as the vanilla server is. You hardcore folks need to get organized and get that thing poppin before you start crabbin' about server 1. If an admin's on, they can put up whatever HC playlist you'd like to get a game going on. HC playlists are all currently single game type. It's default playlist is HC S&D.
                          Well said Drona.

sigpic

Comment

We need to keep both..... when we had both CoD4 servers going (vanilla & hardcore) we could keep both populated and full. As long as we have the funds to support it why not keep both to make everyone happy.

Having said that the one thing, if I had a wish list, that I would like to see gone from server one would be the crosshairs when the gun is at your hip. There is no need for that in any of our servers in my opinion. I like both styles of play with Hardcore being the one I like the most.
                            "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                            "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

I agree with a lot of points here. TG is a place to come and play your favorite game with great unbiased people. To feel comfortable and respected as a gamer. I can honestly say that there might be a server that is more suited for my playstyle but, I play here because of the people. One HC and one vanilla seems to be a logical way to go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X