Where's the T?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the T?

Take a deep breath, I'm new to the series.

Where's the tactics? I've been reading the threads whether to HC or not on the 1st server, and some comments on the TG way, but what does that mean for a series like COD? TS is used mainly for making fun after you kill someone or commenting on a nice shot (which is great and I love it), but I haven't heard any tactics. What tactics are there when the maps are so small, except for maybe 'planting on A' type comments? I haven't heard any.

Don't get me wrong, I am having a blast (more fun than I thought I would). I hopped on some pub servers to play TDM and FFA, and I had a lot of fun. Based on that, why aren't those modes "TG", when from what I can see, there isn't much we would do on top of these modes besides the standard monitoring for hacking/cursing/TKing?

<flame suit on>

Re: Where's the T?

It's still a bit hetic, everyone is still adjusting to all the maps. We do need to get on those comm's a bit more though. Right now it's still rough with the pubs joining the server, grabbing the bomb, or just flat out not communicating with us either. We'll work on this, and hopefully recruit some new faces here pretty soon. It takes time with a new game, regardless of the series itself being a classic by now, lol.

We've got to start trying to force some of the pubbies to communicate, or at least not grab the bomb without a mic. We've got to be friendly as possible to these new potential recruits as well, most of us were all pubs at once, before TG. Like I said up top, we need to learn the maps a bit more, so later on it will be a hell of a lot easier to communicate enemy position, or where the hell we're going. It will be easier in the maps to use reference points. COD is a fast paced game, and fast does not mean non-tactical either. Also, I know ranked is causing some issues right now, it's sorta a rut your forced into, as you really have zero control over any of the settings, beside basic kick/ban, and map rotation stuff. We can't adjust respawns, friendly fire, killcam, etc, on ranked. The problem with unranked is, you may get more control, but then you have no ability to unlock anything, granted your unlocks carry over to unranked, which is at least a plus. I'm hoping those mod tools will be available sometime soon, and we'll be able to fix it ourselves. I'm tired of typing.

Comment

Valid criticism Project but the levels of teamwork and comms really depends on who is playing at the time. I've played plenty of rounds on the TG servers where I had a great team that was calling contacts, setting up perimeters around objectives before capping, mounting solid defenses of their flags, etc. Sure, it can be hit or miss but that's the nature of running a pub server. It just means we all need to work harder to push this title in the direction we'd like to see it go.

We do not use TS for in game comms. Cod has actual working VOIP and that's what the teams should be using in game.

Comment

Yep, in case your not sure "Z" is the default key for in game voice. TS is fun for banter between both teams. I'm sure someone spills some occasional info, on accident. I only wish the in game voice had a bit higher quality than is it. TS3 sounds amazing, and in game, sounds more like TS2 or a bit less.

Comment

It will get better when a few things happen.

1. The new shiny wears off.
          2. Once we go Unranked and are able to set up the server more to our liking. (or even better yet, once we get OW mod)
          3. Once all of the TG people start using comms.

If a player does not like the lack of teamwork, here is what you do: Step up and start using comms. I hear a lot of the "Simulation Gamers" in TS stating that the game sucks, that its too run 'n gun, etc. What I don't hear, for the most part, is the same people using the in game VoIP to coordinate with their team, call contacts, or anything for that matter. If we want a good tactical game, we need to do one thing... Step up, or shut up. Sorry to be harsh, and my comments are not directed towards any one person, but I think it needed to be said. Ultimately we are responsible for the type of game play that goes on on the TG servers.

So, instead of us all being part of the problem, we need to be part of the solution.

p.s. Feel free to flame away. :icon_cool

sigpic

Comment

Heh, I was going to say the same thing Mindkill said, but maybe a bit nicer ;)
            We're all guilty of just going with it, but it's up to all of us to make the extra effort and build an environment that encourages communication.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Again from observation, I know the old school guys I used to play with were the ones that had no use for run and gun, demanded teamwork and communication and played the objective. Are you guys still doing that?

Seems to me from only reading that people have lost TG and are not willing to step up and go the TG extra mile, I could very well be wrong but MK says a good line.... Step up and call people out who are not playing the TG way.

IMO pushing the envelope is good when you are putting the team first, but I think core values and being pushed by the way side.

TGU used to make it mandatory to go over the primer and sop when taking classes, what happened to that? A lot of people couldn't explain the primer or even have seen where the primer is even located at on the website. MK said it best too....It is us, the ones who call and wear the TG tag that is letting our community slip away b/c of lack of commitment to the primer and SOPs, let's see if we can start looking to correct that together!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

My 2 cents. This game is new. I'm still trying to figure out how to quickly do things in game. I don't know the maps well, I'm not use to the guns or the perks yet. We need to give it a little time before criticizing. It is hectic and confusing and the communication is minimal but, it's still fun. A lot of fun! I'm sure, in a couple weeks, we'll all be more in tune to the game and using more comms. Right now I'm talking a little but learning a lot. And the comms will be a whole lot better when we all know what we're doing. Granted there are some who have logged in a lot of hours so far. I'm only to level 33 and there are many that have prestiged. What confuses me is the objectives. Example:

It was CTF earlier today and my team was up 2-0. We just kept going for the opposing teams flag over and over again. So what is the objective? Is it to win the match or see how many flags you can get before time expires or the limit is met? I said to my team "why don't we all protect our flag since we're winning". Nobody even gave my the time of day. It was like talking to my fish. I'm almost certain you can get more kills waiting for the other team to attack, them knowing they need a capture, than spreading my team all over the map. Shouldn't CTF be based on the same principles as SD? It's a proven fact that if a team protects an objective than the chances of coming out ahead are far much greater than half attacking and half defending.

Not to jump the gun here but what are the objectives?

Comment

ppl are still in the "unlock fever" - give it a few weeks till the buzz dies down. Then ppl can do tactics with specific perksetups for flagrunner / defense etc

Comment

I do indeed agree as well that we need to get more of an order of objective game play here, but like a few others have said "It's a new game". Right now I'd say give it a few weeks like the guy above me has said. After that we'll work on getting this server organized to and if not ABOVE TG standards.

Comment

Tonights games were pretty awesome on the HC Mixed server. Comms were good and we even got a few pubbies (I think they were pubbies) in on the fun. Overall, I had a blast, even though Balfa abused me throughout the last match. :icon9:

sigpic

Comment

Yep, terrific games tonight.

Comment

Yeah, those last few games were a lot of fun. Good comms all round.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I had a good time last night, as usual. This post wasn't a criticism, more a new guy asking about what types of tactics this type of game can have.

I was also wondering, based on the type of game it is, what makes those other modes 'not TG', but it sounds like we are considering other modes such as TDM (and maybe FFA?).

Comment

Team Death match is just horrible. The spawnpoints are all over the place and so random in that one. There is no "grouping" with your team but a lot of getting spawned into the middle of hell.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X