Game crashing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashing?

Is anyone else haveing a problem with the game crashing? I carshed 6-7 times yesterday. I am going to do some testing tonight and see if it crashes but I am not sure what is causing it.

I will be in the middle of a map and then all of the sudden it stops. The screen locks up but I can still hear the in game voip but no game sounds or video. I have to ctl+alt+delete out of it to get it to stop. It comes up as not responding. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. The only thing I tried so far was cutting it back to 4X instead of 8X or 16X. Then I cranked the video card all the way to performance. These didn't seem to help.

Thoughts?

Re: Game crashing?

I had it happen maybe once an hour or more last night, I haven't had time to Google it yet.

Comment

Yep it did it again lastnight to me. I got pretty mad about it because I didn't have long to play. It only seems to be when I have the Steam RCON running. I will try it again tonight and I will not run the RCON tool and see what happens.

Comment

I'm getting fatal errors, at least twice a day while playing. I've got to cntrl+alt+del out, and close it manually though.

Comment

I have had the odd BSOD when I leave the game on the menue for a while when away from the computer. Not as frequent as what you have but a couple of times in a week since installing.

Comment

I have also noticed that some of the audio is really slow. Like in capture the flag it says "they have captured our flag" but it has been dropped for 5-6 seconds and returned already. I am not sure it is related but I noticed that as well.

Comment

I don't know if any of this will help you, or if you have already tried any of it but, worth a shot I guess. I have put this list together in no discernible order.

Navigate to your Black Ops players directory (path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players) and delete the file config_mp.cfg (make a back up of the file, just to be safe)
              Fire up Black Ops MP so that it recreates the file for you. This has been known to help some people.

Visit this thread and try the tweaks listed. Many people have reported that these tweaks have helped them. (Setting the render device sli mode to off and setting the correct values for the CPU and RAM fixed my stuttering problem)

Your idea of trying to run the game without the Rcon tool running is also a good idea.

Be sure you have updated all of the relevant drivers. (video, sound, network)

Update DirectX

And the obligatory final solution: Reinstall the game.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

***EDIT***

Concerning the slow audio: I think everyone has the problem you are describing, Sledge (at least I do). I don't think its a bug or anything, just that a bunch of stuff happens all at once and the "announcer" strings together all of the messages, one after another.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mindkill. I will try them 1 by 1 to see what fixes it and report my findings. I know I had no problems playing for hours on end before sunday. I even played a good bit on saturday but no problems. I am wondering if the updates that came out saturday have anything to do with it. The game seem to run flawless up till then. I will mess with the tweaks though.

Another question. What did you guys set the FOV to? I know there is an option now for that. I have mine set to around 3/4 of the way. Not sure if that would do it but like I said I played for hours on end till saturday or so with no problems.

Comment

I leave my FOV stock on all games except QuakeWorld :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Well I did some testing when I got on last night. I tried to bring up the game with nothing else running (ie RCON tool) and didn't play but about 15mins and blammmm it locks up. So I deleted the config_mp.cfg file and restarted everything. (A little note for everyone this will wipe out all your video,sound, and key settings) I then set everything back up the way I had it configured before and got to playing. I brought up RCON and everything else and it seem to run just fine. This may have fixed it. I will let you know later today because I am going to prestige and will be on most of the day. Thanks mindkill :)

Comment

I'm glad it seems to be working out for ya Sledge. Sorry about your controls settings getting nuked, I hadn't thought to say anything about that. Good luck with the testing today!

sigpic

Comment

Mind it's getting friggin cold up here Bro
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                          Mind it's getting friggin cold up here Bro
                          Ain't that the damn truth. Gonna get colder too. Luckily, I can sit next to my portable heater/computer and give tech support to my buddies. :icon_smil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                            Ain't that the damn truth. Gonna get colder too. Luckily, I can sit next to my portable heater/computer and give tech support to my buddies. :icon_smil
                            ROFL...we have mini furnaces
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ok well I am still having crashing problems and I am getting to my breaking point with it. I pulled up speed fan and none of the temps move out of the safe zone. I did go into safe mode and ran that way for a good while but I have to move the resolution from 800 X 600 just due to the fact that the text is so grainy on this 26.5" screen that you can't read most of it. So I set it to 1024 X 768 and ran it that way for a while. I have turned everything down in the graphics settings. I can play for 10min sometimes and for an hour or 2 other times. Anyone got any thoughts? I will try pretty much anything at this point. LOL

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X