What is considered bunnyhopping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is considered bunnyhopping?

We all know that bunnyhopping is strictly against the rules. However, there are a few areas that are similar to bunnyhopping that I'm not sure the legality of.

1. Jumping around a corner. I've seen loads of people (no tgers) do this on our server and I've told them that it is against our rules. Some of them comply, some of them yell at me and tell me that it isn't bunnyhopping.

2. Jumping to look over a wall or other obstacle. Some walls are quite high, and sometimes I want to get a quick peak without exposing myself. So occasionally I've jumped up to see if there are any enemies.

3. Jumping to get a shot. This doesn't happen often, but I've seen videos where players, usually snipers, will jump up to get a quick shot over a wall.

Re: What is considered bunnyhopping?

Well I think the rule really applies to jumping to avoid fire or to avoid a claymore or some other explosive device.

1) I would say that if someone is jumping around a corner would be ok depending on the situation. If someone was already firing at them off that corner then that would be avoiding fire. If it is just to clear the corner and check well thats not "Tactical" at all. Sounds like a jihad move with a RPG to me. I wouldn't kick them for it unless it became a problem. Now it may put him in the slot of "who do I kick for a SM?"

2) I really don't see a problem with jumping to look over the wall. This doesn't seem to be any problem.

3) I can't see this as a problem either.

These are just my thoughts on it. I am sure the other Admins will pop in and give their opinons and views.

Comment

I'm no longer an admin, but I would like to make a comment. I agree with Sledge on everything except #1. Generally, when someone jumps around a corner, it is to avoid a possible claymore or to avoid someone aimed at that corner. If I were still admin'ing, a person jumping around a corner would get a warning from me. Since I no longer have access to the admin forums, all I have said is just speculation on my part.

sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, 1 should definitely be against the rules. If I jump around a corner, and you're anywhere within 10 metres of me, I'll almost guarantee you'll die, and I won't. I do it on pubbie servers from time to time and it's hugely effective, especially when combined with my twitch l33tness ;)

Also, I believe that 2 is just fine, but 3 is BAD and should not be allowed.

I like the old addage, if you can't (or won't) do it in real life, don't do it here.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

P.S.: Excellent thread, rtoups.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

IMO it should only be used in realistic ways IE: jumping to get on or over an object, but there are a few exceptions in my book. Jumping from a grenade, or to look over an object. Those are fine.
            As for jumping around corners shooting is definite no in my book as you wouldn't use that scenario in real life.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X