Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improving gameplay and TS communications.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving gameplay and TS communications.....

TeamSpeak:
    We really need to clean up our TS conversations a bit and not complain about spawning and dying and kill hunting. It's a part of the game in the modes we are playing. Right now we have the servers set up to run multiple game modes which I believe is the best way to have the server set up. S&D get's old after a while just by its self. Sure there are some inherent issues with some of the spawns in certain game modes and maps but constantly complaining about kill hunters or spawn dying takes away from the game for me and other players. Let's really work on taking it to the forums where it belongs.

Teaching:
    We need to be a little more patient with new players because some of these players can become supporting TG members just like I became when playing CoD4. It was the communication that was going on with the TG members that really sold me on playing here at TG. In fact it's hard for me to play somewhere where they have no communication going on and I think we could improve this a bit more.

Kill hunting:
    As it is right now the defense owns the map on S&D so there are no boundries like we had CoD4 in the beginning. We don't really want to get back to the restrictive rules we had before. WE can still play tactically in any game mode without the need for boundries. So if we don't have boundries then there is no need to comment about someone flanking. This is a tactical maneuver. To say that someone can't go somehwere on there own base to protect it against the enemy is ludicrous. So plant claymores and watch you back the way you would do in real life missions.

Spawn Camping:
    This is different so if someone is just camping a spot and killing as we spawn then it should be brought to an admins attention so we can instruct the player and teach them our way of playing a game.

In summary:
    We need to really focus on using our comms better, teach the new guys and be careful about our attitudes in TS. This will ultimately teach those new potential future TG members what we are all about and promote a healthier more fun gaming environment.
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: Improving gameplay and TS communications.....

Well said Mediator! I have been trying for a while to think of a way to say what you have said, without my usual sarcasm and dry humor (which usually gets me in trouble).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
      I have been trying for a while to think of a way to say what you have said, without my usual sarcasm and dry humor (which usually gets me in trouble).
      I think it's a Michigan thing......
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I agree. I'd like to elaborate but can't think of anything to elaborate on. I'm sure I'll come up with something tomorrow.

Comment

Well it was talked about during gameplay last night, and the consensus seemed to be that TS is primarily there to discuss griefers and get an admin's assistance.
          If this is really the case, I suggest we don't have separate channels for each server.
          This can help in two ways:
          1. No matter which server you're playing, you can easily contact an admin on the other server.
          2. There are twice as many people to say "hold comms" in TS if it starts getting out of hand. I've noticed when that happens, it not only stops people talking, but it kind of snaps them back in to taking the game and in-game comms a bit more seriously.

Win win.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

In addition, it can't hurt to set keybinds for raising and lowering the TS volume. Does the trick for me every time.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X