Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some recent trends that needs to be addressed

Hello all,

Most of you know me or have played with me......over the past week I have noticed a trend I think warrants some consideration on the part of all members wearing the tags. I have witnessed in the mixed mode server members who are very blatantly tucking back in corners or overlooking objectives(mostly domination) that are in possession of the opposing team and making no attempt to take them.....but they will gladly kill any defenders in that area from their hiding spot. I am calling this issue out due to the fact that one of our core principles is to always play the objective. I know it's cool to get the kill streaks, but that is not why we play the game.

The other issue is more personal opinion but I think alot of others share my sentiment. The Tube, I know it is a valid weapon, I also don't mind dying from it...occasionally. But I must say I am seeing alot of people using it as their "primary" weapon....alot. It is fine to use in moderation in my opinion, but last night was horrid, it was truly being "spammed". I can honestly say that once it started all the non TG players in the server followed suit and it got to a point of being ridiculous in my opinion....non stop explosions across the map from the launcher. Guys I just ask you to look at the principles of what TG stands for and ask yourselves if running around the map with your GL out at your hip is what you think this community stands for. I know it didn't in COD4....and it shouldn't now. It is a valid weapon, I don't mind it's use,.....but let's not look like every other COD server out their.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Some recent trends that needs to be addressed

Well said and I completely concur!

Would +rep if my lowly, non-SM butt could.

sigpic

Comment

With regards to your first point, as long as you're not camping a spawn (i.e. people actually appear out of thin air in sight of you, I don't see the problem. Sending a man or fire team to get overreach on a position you intend to assault is a pretty fundamental real world tactic. I don't think that should be banned.

On the tube, that's a tough one. Like you, I feel like it's a valid weapon, but it's stupid when more than a handful of players on the server have them and are using them as primary weapons. Not sure exactly how that can be adminned, though. Some pubbies are surprised when we tell them tubes are allowed, so it's not entirely implausible to ban them. After all, even when they're not being spammed down my throat, I still don't see them being used in their intended manner.

Maybe when mod tools come out we can limit them to one or two per team, like snipers in cod4?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
        With regards to your first point, as long as you're not camping a spawn (i.e. people actually appear out of thin air in sight of you, I don't see the problem. Sending a man or fire team to get overreach on a position you intend to assault is a pretty fundamental real world tactic. I don't think that should be banned.
        What I've seen is more of a lonewolf mentality in search of kills as opposed to helping the team.

Comment

What Balfa said with regard to point one. Last night, for instance, on WMD, I spent some time on a catwalk above bravo (on Dom), camping up there, if you please. Sometimes we had the flag and sometimes the opfor had it. If someone didn't clear and hold the catwalk (as well as the 2 buildings adjacent to bravo it was near impossible for our guys to get the bravo flag. More than once, I hopped onto the flag to help secure it once we cleared the area but putting three or four guys in the open without taking overwatch positions is practically a suicide tactic. If you're holding a strategic point it makes more sense to stay there and cover your team than it does to break cover for the flag, only to be shot (and your team mates) from the spot you just gave up. In a nutshell it's a real world tactic.

If someone is lone wolfing then it's a legitimate concern and is covered by the rule set. Report these players to an admin.

As far as tubes go, we're not going to limit peoples choice of kit. We don't limit them in CoD4 currently. Tubes are far less bothersome than were the PK rockets in 2142 or the vehicle mounted weps in BC2. I have more of a problem with the chopper gunner thing then I have with tubes. I hate that I generally can't rearm my m203 mid life the way I could in BC2. Have you seen this thing. That's what I want in my next care package.

Comment

Just playing devil's advocate, but how can you tell if someone's providing overwatch fire the team or just padding stats?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I can see both sides of this argument. For the most part, the pubbies camp an enemy flag in an attempt to up their KDR while, TG members (generally) camp it in preparation for an assault. I have seen it switched around as well.

What I think Ven is trying to get across (if you don't mind me paraphrasing you a bit), is to remind us as Tactical Gamers, that our focus should be on the objectives and to help guide our guests in the same direction. Of course, I may be way off, and he may be going mad with the awesome, cosmic powers that come with the admin tag. :madsmile:

Balfa, the way I tell is by watching how long the person camps there. If it's a minute or two and they move up with an attacking force, I would assume they were softening up the enemy position. If they are there for most of the match... that's probably kill hunting/lone wolfing. Generally, I try to gently remind the offending player to play the objective and that takes care of it or asking an admin to look into helps as well.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                Just playing devil's advocate, but how can you tell if someone's providing overwatch fire the team or just padding stats?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
                I've found that people playing for themselves tend not to communicate with their team.

Comment

I'd like to comment on the tubes. I don't use them and never really have but, I don't believe it's wrong to use them. It's in the game, it's a legitimate weapon (if you're into that kind of spam), and if you're defending a certain point on the map they can be very useful. If you're spawning and then immediately tubing across the map then that's a little ridiculous but since we don't have the "only throw a nade when you have contact" it should still be allowed. What I personally would not like to see is to start limiting what people can and cannot do. We all know where that will take this game.

You have a legitimate beef about the tubes though. They can be totally frustrating when you're trying to get to a flag or chokepoint and a tube comes a flying. I think we need to focus on TG tactics and not worry so much about the abuse of weapons right now.

Comment

W
                    Originally posted by Size12point5 View Post
                    I'd like to comment on the tubes. I don't use them and never really have but, I don't believe it's wrong to use them. It's in the game, it's a legitimate weapon (if you're into that kind of spam), and if you're defending a certain point on the map they can be very useful. If you're spawning and then immediately tubing across the map then that's a little ridiculous but since we don't have the "only throw a nade when you have contact" it should still be allowed. What I personally would not like to see is to start limiting what people can and cannot do. We all know where that will take this game.
                    Pp.
                    You have a legitimate beef about the tubes though. They can be totally frustrating when you're trying to get to a flag or chokepoint and a tube comes a flying. I think we need to focus on TG tactics and not worry so much about the abuse of weapons right now.
                    Well played sir, tnank you for the reminder I guess sometimes I need to take a step back and clear my head
                    Ok
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The camping issue can be policed with communication with your team. Where I have had an issue is on sabotage when the opposing team is on defense but they have a guy run all the way to our spawn and sit and camp. That is not near the objective nor are they helping their team. We have been merely asking the players not to camp spawn and play the objectives. For the most part we have had success teaching them to play the objectives.

With regard to the tubes - I don't think we should limit kits but there is a point of abuse with the weapon. I see Drona running with one often however I never see him just constantly spamming the weapon as a couple of other regular TG members do on a regular basis.

Yes the chopper gunner is way over powered in this game but there is nothing we can do about it on a ranked server. Would love to see this killstreak eliminated on the unranked server if possible.
                      "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                      "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Show me a team getting owned by a chopper and I'll show you a team that (a) repeatedly runs blindly into someone ready to pick them off, and (b) doesn't place enough emphasis on setting up sam turrets or carrying strelas

[Spartan 9]

Comment

To add to Balfa's list: Ghost Pro FTW!

sigpic

Comment

A lot of what I say here will be repeats of what's already been said but here goes.

Regarding camping, Mindkill is spot on, at least to me. If a person is staying at that zone and deliberately farming kills off of that spawn or chokepoint for most of the round that is blatant camping/kill hunting. This seems rather rare to me though, as most cases I've seen have been short run delaying acts or harassing moves to keep the one team from pushing up.If someone is sitting or moving WITHIN the team's spawn that is obvious kill hunting. Again most cases of "camping" only last 1 to 2 at the most minutes before the person moves on to another objective.

The Tubes, they're valid weapons. The main thing here is to use them in moderation. Using the GL as your primary is just lame. Its called an "attachment" for a reason. All three underbarrels are very useful and effective weapons, though I think the only one being contested here is the GL. Just don't spam the thing and all should be good.

And regarding the chopper gunner. There are two classes that I highly recommend that everyone has available. The first being a full silence (Ninja, Ghost, and Suppressed weapons) class, and the second being an Anti-Air (LAW or Strela as secondary) class. Its a high end kill streak, so with a little bit of tactics and planning you can blindside someone before they get the kills for a chopper gunner. Also, watch the upper right corner of the screen. When you see a chopper gunner or attack chopper come up, be ready to bring out the AA class. These things rack up big kills because players decide "Someone else can deal with it." No, make it your personal mission every time to shoot down these things. Your team will be spared and you'll get some nice points.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by mediator View Post
                              spamming the weapon as a couple of other regular tg members do on a regular basis.
                              Guilty!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...