Second Chance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chance

For those players that have a problem with the Second Chance perk, I was wondering if your position is the same, considering this quote from David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar (developer for Treyarch) concerning the perk:

- Forum users like to complain about the "invulnerability period" when someone is dropping. I found where this happens. It's in code and not script which is why I didn't see it originally. We need to think about this one clearly. I went through the revision history. Any attempts to remove the "0.5" seconds of invulnerability mean the guy with Second Chance will likely never be given his Second Chance. Removal of this entirely will all but remove the perk from the game (which I know many of you would prefer in the first place, but it's something we are not yet ready to do). This "0.5" seconds is consistent with the previous games and is not any longer or shorter.
    Is the .5 second invulnerability the big sticking point? Is it really that difficult to put a couple extra rounds into someone to make sure that they are down? If not for the above listed reason, why is the use of Second Chance looked down upon? I'm not trying to start a huge argument, just looking for honest opinions as I generally don't have a problem surviving an encounter with a Second Chance perk using player.

The reason I ask this is because of the flak I had gotten from using Second chance on my CTF/DEM Defense kit. I removed the perk from my kit after a bit of a dust-up with fellow members concerning the use as a primary weapon and spamming of the grenade launcher under-barrel attachment. After I stopped using Second Chance, the "t00bing" calmed down a bit but, its use seems to be having a resurgence. Does this mean that I can start using Second Chance again without being accused of being cheap/unrealistic/a n00b?

sigpic

As annoying as it is, it's not as unrealistic as some people CONSTANTLY complain about. Especially in black ops where ballistics in general are broken. In real life, not everyone dies from one or two bullet rounds. And if your wearing a flack jacket, chances are they won't even penetrate but rather knock you on your rear. So tell me how it's so unrealistic. There are alot more unrealistic things to complain about, so in my experience I'll just tell people to stop crying. They are just pissed because they are runnin and gunnin to much to stop and make sure I'm dead.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I've been told by people in-game that it's unrealistic, which I think is just ridiculous. Most gunshot wounds are non lethal. If I'm a special ops soldier, supposedly the best of the best, knocked off my feet by the shock of being shot, and if I have the mental fortitude to stay even partially focused, I'm going to reach for my sidearm and try to finish you off, guaranteed.

I've been told that the switch to handgun is too fast in this situation. That's true, but a lot of the things in this game are too fast, including switching to handgun while standing and uninjured.

I've been told that people shouldn't be able to survive a headshot and go into second chance. Well, I've seen people in hardcore mode survive a headshot and REMAIN STANDING. Isn't that even less realistic? Sounds like a problem with headshots, and not second chance, to me. Anyway, think of your headshot as a glancing shot that just nicked my ear, if it makes you feel any better.

Finally, second chance pro provides an enormous incentive for teamwork, by allowing fallen comrades to be revived. Even if second chance were too unrealistic for tg, I'd still vote that trading off some realism for improved teamwork is worth it.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: Second Chance

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
        I've been told that people shouldn't be able to survive a headshot and go into second chance. Well, I've seen people in hardcore mode survive a headshot and REMAIN STANDING. Isn't that even less realistic? Sounds like a problem with headshots, and not second chance, to me. Anyway, think of your headshot as a glancing shot that just nicked my ear, if it makes you feel any better.
        Maybe they survive a head shot because they are wearing a kevlar helmet.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't like Second Chance. That being said, I would use it if I felt it benefited the current game mode. I wouldn't be against adding sway to the sidearm while in SC. Maybe even take away the ability to use ADS.

Comment

There is nothing realistic about BO. It's a video game. I would elaborate but there's nothing to elaborate on. It's a video game. I guess I'm not bringing much to the table on this discussion except stating the obvious. It's a video game.

PS: It's a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by Size12point5 View Post
              There is nothing realistic about BO. It's a video game. I would elaborate but there's nothing to elaborate on. It's a video game. I guess I'm not bringing much to the table on this discussion except stating the obvious. It's a video game.

PS: It's a video game.
              :icon_lol:

sigpic

Comment

Excuse me while I beat a dead horse:
                "Don't stop shooting until you see a kill notice!"

I have not used second chance except for rare occasions when starting a prestige with the base classes. Personally I don't have a problem with it. When I'm spraying at a target I make sure to put a burst into the person as they're going down. 3 quick shots at the most will outlast/override the .5 second delay all the time in my experience.

If you feel like using SC, do so, and let the whiners whine. Look at it this way, at least it's not Martyrdom.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                  If you feel like using SC, do so, and let the whiners whine. Look at it this way, at least it's not Martyrdom.
                  Sometimes it almost feels like it.

CouponClipper: "I'm coming to revive."
                  BLAM, BLAM, BLAM!
                  DeadJerk TKed CouponClipper.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                    Well, the main thing I am trying to avoid is having players start spamming the grenade launcher in some sort of retaliation.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                      Well, the main thing I am trying to avoid is having players start spamming the grenade launcher in some sort of retaliation.
                      Then I think your thread might have the wrong title :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                        Then I think your thread might have the wrong title :)
                        Not really. I am interested in everyone's opinion concerning Second Chance and do want to know why some people don't like it. The quote you used of me is just my way of taking a poke at the "t00bers". :icon12:

sigpic

Comment

I think its ridiculous to whine about anything in this game. Chances are something you do (wrong or right) probably causes someone to grate their teeth a bit too. Do i tube, nope i don't have one recorded kill with one yet, do my eyes roll completely back in my head when we get a bunch of tube spammers, sure but most tubers get one shot off take someone out and then die. I feel the impact of SC quite a bit as i'm pretty quick on the mouse and tend to whip over to the next when i see someone go down and am not going slow enough to confirm the kill. That seems like my problem more than the person using it. If i'm encountering a lot of people with SC in a server..i slow myself down and be sure or remember the names of those using it. However, i know from getting the PRO on that perk that when you go down, as soon as you pull out your pistol you are aimed in the same spot on the screen as you were...making it almost automatic to keep hitting what you had been shooting at. I think the whole invulnerability aspect could be nullified by forcing the view down to the ground or something and making the player come back up to aim the pistol.

Comment

That would be pretty cool, po

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I have no problem with the perk at all. I just don't understand why people are crying about it now since it's been in the last few CODs. I suppose since grenade launchers aren't quite as useful then people need something new to complain about. It's the exact same perk that it's always been. A couple of people cry about it and more just jump on the bandwagon. Just leave the perk as it is. I barely use it, but second chance is hardly cheap or noobish.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X