a shooter for the COD crowd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a shooter for the COD crowd?

Not sure if everyone has seen this but the price is right and I think it has every element we COD'ers would look for.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...er-system.html
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: a shooter for the COD crowd?

Seen it. Don't know whether I'd get it or not. I think how it's received is going to depend on the flow of the game. If the end result feels clunky in any way, it would be a no go for me.

Holds promise though. Reminds me of Insurgency Mod for the Source engine, but with all manner of other goodies attached.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
      Holds promise though. Reminds me of Insurgency Mod for the Source engine, but with all manner of other goodies attached.
      That was exactly what I was thinking.
      |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Its definitely on my list and will pick it up as soon as digital download is available.

Make sure you read the game requirements thoroughly, glad I did - Microsoft Game Controller Only
        Last edited by LpBronco; 01-20-2011, 09:08 AM.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

wtf? do you mean a 360 controller? if so its a no go for me.....hate those things. I didn't see it anywhere on the games web page where it stated that?
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Controller required? I'm out.

Comment

That'll probably kill it for me. Just based on principle, I'm not going to use a 360 or similar game controller on my PC.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Looking at Breach's Steam Store Page, it states that the game is Controller Enabled. I would take that to mean that, if you so choose, you can play it with a controller. In the requirements section under Controller, it states that only the Microsoft Xbox 360 controller is supported. I could find no information, anywhere, saying that the controller is required.

As for a couple posts about hating the controller or not hooking one to your computer.. I own a 360 controller and use it to play driving games. It's actually REALLY nice. One of the best gamepads that I have ever owned. I would never use it to play a FPS, but for sports, driving games, etc., it's definitely one of the best.

As for the game, Breach, I am going to withhold judgement until I see some reviews from my peers.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                  Make sure you read the game requirements thoroughly
                  Looks like Ven, Lancer & Coupon missed the important part of bronco's post :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post

As for a couple posts about hating the controller or not hooking one to your computer.. I own a 360 controller and use it to play driving games. It's actually REALLY nice. One of the best gamepads that I have ever owned. I would never use it to play a FPS, but for sports, driving games, etc., it's definitely one of the best.

As for the game, Breach, I am going to withhold judgement until I see some reviews from my peers.
                    this.

I recently used my 360 controller to play batman:AA and it was great, really i cant see playing that game with kb/m. but for an fps, hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                      Looks like Ven, Lancer & Coupon missed the important part of bronco's post :)
                      Which was immediately followed by the words "glad I did -"Microsoft game controller only""

Still, point taken. I'm just unsure as to how well the game will flow. Granted I've not played OFP or ARMA2 but I played Resistance and Liberation mod and Insurgency mod for the source engine and they seemed slow or clunky movement wise in places to me, which seriously kills my interest. Perhaps because those were mods and not full games I'm a little jaded about realism focused games. Still, the devs for Breach seem to know what they're doing and here's hoping they get meet with success.

IF the game is controller only, I wouldn't get it on sheer principle that I refuse to be -forced- to use a 360 style controller

If not, I may try it out. Especially if the TG community is playing it and Steam does a free weekend :D

Comment

I for one will not stoop to using a game pad....I play PC because the mouse & keyboard set up are far superior in FPS games. Who launches a fps for PC with controller anyways? Just goes to show how truly out of touch developers are with the PC crowd anymore.

Comment

Good grief. You guys seriously think someone would release a first person shooter for the PC and not let you use a mouse? Not only that but they'd expect you to buy a specific controller that you NEED to play the game, and the controller costs over twice as much as the game does?
                          Last edited by Balfa; 01-23-2011, 03:42 AM.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Since no one has actually posted this....

System Requirements

o OS: Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista
                            o Processor: Core2 Duo 1.88Ghz or faster
                            o Memory: 2 GB RAM
                            o Graphics: Nvidia 8600 or better, GT240 or better or ATI HD 2600 or higher
                            o DirectXģ: 9.0c
                            o Hard Drive: 1.6 GB
                            o Sound: Any DirectX compatible card
                            o Controller: Supports Keyboard/Mouse or Xbox 360 Controller.

from - Breach on Steam

Comment

FYI - the post was amended to include keyboard/mouse since I first checked the req's and I intend to pick it up. I've been following this game for months and it does seem to offer something that has been missing for me. I've never been able to determine player counts or map sizes but am hopeful that both will be adequate.
                              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X