Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New maps coming soon

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/dlc-1-first-strike

They look a little small to me but, looking above most the maps that are shipped with the game, they look small too. At least it's some new eye candy to look at.

Re: New maps coming soon

Meh.. DLC.

If it's free... Sweet!
    If it's pay... diaf.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.codblackopsblog.com/call-...-pack-details/

There's a slight, and I must emphasize, slight glimmer of hope for us:

Talking on Major Nelson’s podcast, Bunting revealed that the First Strike map pack will hit Xbox 360 on February 1st, 2011. This release will be exclusive to Xbox Live initially (should hit PS3 and PC around a month later,) and cost 1200 MSP/$15.
      That price tag is listed for the XboX Live community. Whether PC players will have to pay for the maps is still unclear as I have not yet found specific clarification of a price tag for the PC community. Now please don't get your hopes up about it, but its a very slight chance that the maps will be free for PC. Pray to the flying spaghetti monster and his noodly appendage that it be so.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

After the crap they pulled with Modern Warfare 2, i can't see any way that they don't charge 15 bucks for it. All the little sheep paid for it once, they have no incentive not to do it again. If you told me that i'd be buying MW2 for 90 bucks for the map selection and features they ended up giving people all said and done, i would have told Activision to go crawl in a hole and remain there. Luckily i disliked the game that i stopped playing it shortly before the DLC came out. I never bought it. Had i actually liked the game and purchasing the DLC was the only way to keep playing with my friends...i guess i probably would have "baaaaaaaaaa'd" and given them cash too.

Comment

Everyone here could pay for the maps and I STILL would not buy them. Just on principle.

sigpic

Comment

Ditt
            O

[Spartan 9]

Comment

maybe this is their definition of mod tools:).....we will release to you new maps that you pay for, we should really thank them as they have done the work of making the new maps for us. Damn that Activision is so nice.....sigh
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                maybe this is their definition of mod tools:).....we will release to you new maps that you pay for, we should really thank them as they have done the work of making the new maps for us. Damn that Activision is so nice.....sigh
                Nah, Treyarch actually does the work. Keep in mind that fixing and testing spawns and making maps and bug testing existing elements and fixes of the game takes time, and lots of it. Treyarch actually cares enough to make the maps to support their game. Activision is just being a corporate money-grubber.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                  Everyone here could pay for the maps and I STILL would not buy them. Just on principle.
                  Same here. The only times I bought DLC was for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins because they added additional gameplay.

I refuse to pay for additional maps when they should be free. Or at the very least, I refuse to pay such an exorbitant price for them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X