Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Mindkill..here is the pic of one of the rats..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Mindkill..here is the pic of one of the rats..

This is a different rat..a little bigger than the one that I shot with my bb gun..

I smashed this one with a shovel..

that is an Eaton glue trap..5" wide and 10" long..

that should help you with the awesome scale of these doggone nuclear rats!RAT_1.jpg

Re: OK Mindkill..here is the pic of a rat..

I have caught 4 of these things so far..one scared me so bad I shot it with a bb gun..but I think this is the biggest one yet..I bet it weighed 5 pounds..

They look like pets! they sure don't seem very nice though..especially when you are bashing their brains out with a shovel!

Also caught a couple of little tiny field mice, and the Labs keep bringing me dead moles or voles and leaving them on my back porch..

You gotta love rural living!

Comment

Re: OK Mindkill..here is the pic of one of the rats..

Sheesh! They do grow 'em big in the Lonestar State!

We only get little house mice in my area.. 3-5 inches long at the absolute max. Since it's gotten pretty cold here, I have heard a few scrabbling around behind the counters and in the walls. Decided to go with some d-CON poison instead of traps though. I like the thought of the dirty little buggers convulsing instead of the quick death a standard trap delivers. Although the thought of them starving while stuck to the glue trap is appealing, I have had several bad experiences with those.

Thanks for the pic, even though I was hoping for the "bloody mess" one! :madsmile:

sigpic

Comment

Ha ha ha. This is a great thread!! I want to see the bb gun victim! :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

He looks like a happy little chap. Are you in Burleson? My cho worker lives there and had fun with rata from time to time :)

We don't get any such excitement up in krum.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I live west of Fort Worth about 25 miles or so..

There was a house at the end of our street that was rented to some "not so savory" types..

The owner finally got them evicted, but the damage was done..I saw them clearing out carpet, padding, sheetrock, everything..

the next day there was 3 pest control trucks on the street, then a few days later we started hearing noise in the attic..

That was when I went into action with about 10 pounds of poison, glue traps, kill traps, you name it..

After a fwe died in the walls, I gave up on the poison, as the odor is not too great..

The glue traps allow me to get them outside, smash their heads with the shovel and dispose of them in a lovely dumpster that is always unlocked on my way to work out on the interstate..:)

The one I shot with the BB gun was a real mess..I was damn lucky I did not break any glass, as it went right thru its head behind his eys and made a hellaciously fine mess..

the pictures are really bad..the wife said "no" about me posting them..and then she deleted them off my camera..

It has been very quiet and non-stinky, so I think the worst is over..I sure hope so..

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
              The one I shot with the BB gun was a real mess..I was damn lucky I did not break any glass, as it went right thru its head behind his eys and made a hellaciously fine mess..

the pictures are really bad..the wife said "no" about me posting them..and then she deleted them off my camera..
              Bah.. tell the wife that she ticked off the Mindkill! I just have to have my daily dose of "brained rodents"!

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
              It has been very quiet and non-stinky, so I think the worst is over..I sure hope so..
              Yeah, I can understand that a 10 inch long dead rat would start to stink. Luckily, the little mice we get here only stink if they buy the farm under the fridge. Otherwise, they just kind of dry up and crumble, waiting to be found years after the fact. Which is kind of fun and makes me feel like an archeologist.

On a side note, I still think that you should capture the rats and start training them to fight. Think of the cash you could make with...

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! It's Ratzilla vs. The Rat That Ate Dallas at the Birdie_in_Texas Garage Coliseum!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                He looks like a happy little chap. Are you in Burleson? My cho worker lives there and had fun with rata from time to time :)

We don't get any such excitement up in krum.
                Ah, you live in Krum eh?. I do quite a few service calls up there. I stopped an ate at Miguelitos once.

Comment

You guys are lucky they are just rats. I work for a home reno company in the summer and we spent 2 months completely redoing a cabin that had coons living in it for 10 years... we killed those SOBs with 22s and raccoon traps...
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                    Ah, you live in Krum eh?. I do quite a few service calls up there. I stopped an ate at Miguelitos once.
                    And you're still alive! Bonus!
                    Ah, they're not actually that bad :)

Also, mindkill keeps farms under his fridge? Michiganians are weird...

[Spartan 9]

Comment

that's not a rat....for the love of gawd, return the neighbors chihuahua
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                        Also, mindkill keeps farms under his fridge? Michiganians are weird...
                        Yeah, some of us do.. but I'm not allowed to talk about it.. Might offend someone or some such.

p.s. You're calling me weird? Irish Texans? Now THAT is weird. I've heard of the German Texans north of San Antonio, but not Irish ones. :icon_lol:

sigpic

Comment

As long as they have beer it's still Texas.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...