Weekly Captains Matches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Captains Matches?

So, with CoD4 going through its death throes, and a tricked out unranked server sitting there empty on Black Ops, would anyone be interested in weekly Captains matches on the Unranked server? I'm thinking Thursday or Friday every week at 9pm EST. Post up if you're interested, I think it'd be a real boost to the CoD division if we get an official match in every week.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Re: Weekly Captains Matches?

I'd be interested in Thursdays.

Comment

ok, fine, you win... could someone please tell me what exactly a captains match is? been wondering ever since cod4. :)

Comment

Basically like a clan match over one or more maps, except each clan is a loose bunch of mercenaries cobbled together by each captain on the spot.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

oh, like picking teams on the play ground?

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
            oh, like picking teams on the play ground?
            Yeah. Then, before each map, the Capt. gets to run his team through an overall plan for the map. During the match, the Capt. gives orders to the team ala Commander mode in BF2/2142. It's generally really fun.

I'm in btw.

sigpic

Comment

me too btw

[Spartan 9]

Comment

sounds good

Comment

We'll probably need someone with admin or rcon access for commands to restart the round and such at these matches but that probably won't be a problem (or so I hope). Anyway so thats five of us. Post up everyone, I'd like to give this a test run next Thursday.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I'll be excited to play as long as the play speed isn't as slow as it was last time.

Comment

Originally posted by CouponClippr View Post
                      I'll be excited to play as long as the play speed isn't as slow as it was last time.
                      Thanks to Drona and everyone who helped test and give feedback, that's been fixed and the gamemodes have been tweaked to be a bit longer and more fun. Movement speed and such is all like it is on ranked servers

Comment

Hey i love the idea but just one things wrong for some people (not everyone) but some of us can't do 9:00est as that for those of who got school is kind of late so maybe we could try something more like 8:00est but thats only a issue on thursday as for friday its ok... BTW i'm in!
                        When there is no more room left in hell the dead shall walk the earth. - Dawn of the Dead
                        sigpic

Comment

I would love to do this, but it may work better biweekly. Also btw i have got two scrim offers from two clans that we as a community may be able to play in, in the near future. Im gonna try work out the the details with them and we will see what will happen.
                          |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Les do eeeet
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I am in. We already have plans for practice for a Scrim this Thursday Feb 17 and a Scrim on Thursday Feb 24. Depending on the turn out we may want a team of 8-10 folks for this thursdays practice. If anyone is interested in helping the 88th practice for this scrim PM me and I will send you all of the rules. I think it will help us out with some of our planning to have a full server for this. So what I guess I am saying is that we already have plans for the server for sure on Feb 24 and hope to have enough for the practice this Thursday.
                              Later Sledge

PS: All of the folks that have agreed to be in the Scrimage check your PMs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X