Movie Influences on Black Ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Influences on Black Ops

Just found this today, an interesting video from VGM on Gamerspawn about movies that likely influenced Black Ops's singleplayer mode and entire scenes of movies that were adapted into the game. The campaign does a fantastic job of recreating the Russian Roulette scene from The Deer Hunter and adding more tension to it, as well as taking scenes and elements from Apocalypse Now, Hamburger Hill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and more.

Warning, some language in the video. NSFW.
    Warning, some spoilers in the video. In case you care.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Re: Movie Influences on Black Ops

i still have to finish the first player lol
    |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

I have yet to start the singleplayer. I guess i should do that?

Comment

To be honest the single player really isn't anything special mechanically. For that matter I think it is far too reliant on quick time events (QTE's) and holds your hand a bit too much what with giving you prompts and instructions and highlighted objects every 3 seconds. It has some nice non combat sequences that are different from anything before, but they don't repeat often enough and therefore seem more like a chore than a distraction. A longer, less "on rails" campaign would've fixed most of this, but then again it's CoD.

That being said there are some very different levels, fights, and stealth sequences, than in any other CoD yet. So if you like single player it's worth it for some memories. The levels in Hong Kong, Vorkuta, Reznov's 1945 flashback, and the stealth level WMD are especially memorable.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

12 year olds with ADD....
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X