Captains Matches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Matches?

Due to the lack of a dedicated admin and a less-than-stellar turnout, Lancers awesome effort to get a Capt's Match together on the 18th failed, and we ended up not doing it. (Thanks for trying Lancer!)

Well, I can assure you all that I will be taking care of the first problem. I am looking to become the "Captains Match Admin and Organizing Guy". But.. I need to know a few things.

Who is interested? By this, I mean, are you interested enough to do this on a weekly (preferred) or bi-weekly (not so good, but better than nothing) basis?

Any suggestions for a time and day? Personally, I'd like 9pm est. on Friday or Saturdays

So, are there enough of us out there interested in some solid games with good comms, great tactics, and knowing that EVERYONE on the server is playing the objectives? I know I am. I hope you are too.

Who's in?

sigpic

Re: Captains Matches?

I always prefer playing with TGers so I'd play on a weekly basis. 9pm EST is fine with me also. I don't think I could play weekly if it were on Fri/Sat though. Too many other things going on.

Comment

I'm in. I can do those times great, but whatever the masses say will work I can do.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I'm in for weekly. Saturday evening is out for me, though. Tuesdays or Fridays work well, because I already had them reserved for CoD4.
        I'd prefer if the captains matches were predominantly S&D :P

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Id be up for it.. most fridays and about half saturdays.

and Im mostly an s&d guy also.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
            I'd prefer if the captains matches were predominantly S&D :P
            Originally posted by teratoma View Post

and Im mostly an s&d guy also.
            Wow, it sounds like we have our first two volunteer Captains!

Thanks guys! :icon12:

sigpic

Comment

Saturdays are not good for me but any other night is. I wouldn't mind an S&D heavy rotation but I'd also like to see us develop some squad strats for the other modes. Getting better at those will help the play on server 1 where the S&D map ratio is low. We seem to do fairly well on CTF and Demolition but could definitely use improvement on Domination and especially Sabotage.

Comment

I was thinking that a good way to do the map and game modes for each match would be to let the Captains decide. Also, since we will be doing the matches on Server 2, it will give us the ability to modify the server settings a bit. For example, if two Captains want to do a Bare Bones Captain Match, where there are no perks, no killstreaks, no attachments, etc., it would be possible. And hell, it might be fun. Any opinions?

By the way, I am thinking we need quite a few more people to voice interest in this to make it happen. When we are in TS or on the server, spread the word. Get everyone into the forums and reading this thread!

Lastly, I would like to point potential Captains to the Tactics Discussion Forums. Check out the Map Landmark posts for overhead views of all the maps in BO. They can be very useful in planning strategies. All of the images were made with a program called GTactix. Check it out. It's very easy to use and, at the aforementioned link, there is a short tutorial video that is a must see. I highly recommend downloading and using GTactix. If any interested players need help with the program, lemme know. I will be happy to help.

sigpic

Comment

Regarding times and dates I agree with Balfa. When we were doing CoD4 nights twice a week late last year we were getting a respectable turn out. Since Tuesdays seemed a bit more popular, how about a captains match every Tuesday at 9pm EST? Worked well in the past so why fix what's not broken?

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I would only be available on Friday nights
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I like Tuesday simply because it is today. Otherwise, Friday seems to be most agreeable for everyone so far (which surprises me).

Comment

I doubt we could get anything organized for tonight but, I wouldn't be opposed to a seat-of-the-pants type thing.

So far, it seems we have 7 of us that are really interested in getting this thing off the ground. Any one else?

p.s. Man, some people need to check the forums more often!

sigpic

Comment

It hasn't even been 24 hours since the topic was opened! Although I agree that many people don't seem to appreciate the value of the forums :)

I'll go ahead and agree to be volunteered by mindkill to captain this friday :p
                          (As long as I'm not up against ven... Tales of his strategic prowess scare me off :p )

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I'll be into this. You need some more Canadian badasses in here for sure!! :-)
                            sigpic

Comment

crud the canadians are taking over :P but im up for it, just cant make it this friday night
                              |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...