Yet another Balfa teamwork rant.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Balfa teamwork rant.

I got totally disillusioned today when Mindkill, Mediator and I tried to actually do something approaching what you might call teamwork on Array CTF. It took us about three attempts just to meet up somewhere, then when we slowly advanved towards their flag, covering ourselves, the game shifted from a stale-mate to the other team capping twice.

And we all died anyway.
    We tried it briefly again in a sort of half-behinded way and then gave up.

This experience has taught me that trying to group up and use real world tactics in any mode with respawns is worse than useless.

[Spartan 9]

Re: Yet another Balfa teamwork rant.

well I know it is ALOT different than what most of us are used to from the system implemented by the BF series....no doubt the random spawn points make things much more difficult in the game modes where respawn is allowed. Time to put our heads together and see what we come up with
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Balfa,

I agree its hard to mount and attack on a endless supply of respawning bad guys with 3 people. Its hard to make that work no matter how good your group is. I know lots of folks that are regulars on the server and this board think that just because there are respawns that teamwork is not needed. That is far from the truth and it is needed even more when the map has respawning. I think everyone needs to read this post and we need to start drilling this mind set into everyone that is on the server.
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/call-du...iscussion.html
      If you learn it they will come!

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
        It took us about three attempts just to meet up somewhere, then when we slowly advanved towards their flag, covering ourselves, the game shifted from a stale-mate to the other team capping twice.
        That underlined bit throws warning bells to me. Don't get me wrong, I agree that the spawns network it screwed to the wall, and that the pubs in general don't care about teamwork or their Win/Loss ratios. However, some of that instance you sited could be due to how quickly your group moved to a position of power/overwatch. If any of you didn't have ghost on, you'd be lit up like a Christmas tree for the killhunters. I found back in BC2 and I've found here that a key part to offensive strategy is to move quickly. Holding back and plotting out your next move for 40+ seconds is like asking to get shot or knifed and wastes a gun that could be defending an objective or harassing defenders. Sometimes you have to go Loud and Proud instead of Low and Slow.

Again, not to bash on the attempt or the strategy, but just an observation. I think if you get the right mix who can communicate well you absolutely can, its just that trying to run a preset group turns into an inefficient process around mid game, and moving slowly increases your chance of failure. I've slacked off a little, but something I've done from time to time is to just tack onto another TG or player who cares about winning and move quickly to our objective, covering each other on the way. Its the same idea, same values, just played on fast forward.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Yeah, we've all tacked onto another tg player who happened to run by and just followed them, but because of the speed, one of us is inevitably careless and dies. Then respawns miles away and that's the end of the effort.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
            Yeah, we've all tacked onto another tg player who happened to run by and just followed them, but because of the speed, one of us is inevitably careless and dies. Then respawns miles away and that's the end of the effort.
            Tac insert is a great tool for CTF.

Comment

True. You should put it in the tactics thread :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X