This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very dissapointed with this game.

It was the catchy commercial that got me.

You know? The one with all the normal people blowing the place up. Well I bought the game and wish I could get my $50 back. The maps are very small, and then, the game play makes them even smaller. Then you have all the sticky grenade slinging. WTF is that about?

I played one round of NukeTown where the entire fight consisted of two backyards shooting missiles and slinging sticky grenades at each other. The fight couldnt expand cause the spawns were right across the street from each other and you couldnt get out without getting sniped, missiled, or stickied grenaded.

The other maps are just a lot of backshooting/sticky grenading on very small maps. To add to it I find out the game has a keymap bug. It resets my keymaps on its own.

Its a very dissapointing game. Do yourself a favor and dont waste you money on it.

Re: Very dissapointed with this game.

Well some points:

A. Nuketown is god awful and holds a place on the list of "worst CoD maps ever" along with Shipment and Killhouse from CoD4. There's a reason its not played on our server.

B. CoD seems very much to be an acquired taste. Are there problems with the spawn system? Yes there are. Can we do anything about it? Not until we get the mod tools, and maybe not even then. To be honest its not so bad on all of the maps and modes, there are some that are worse than others. We just make the best of it and play the TG way.

Not that any of it matters as you seem to have your mind made up over it. If you care to try playing it with us the IP for Server 1 is 173.199.101.109 . Personally I play the game because despite its flaws, I like it. I'm not completely satisfied with Treyarch, but I don't find it as bad as the flame-sayers told me it was. I'll waste my money and time how I like thank you. I think its obvious that not everyone is of the same opinion given the number of players playing Black Ops. To each his own. Additionally, I don't go trolling the BC2 forums about the problems with hit detection there, so I'd expect the same courtesy to be extended here.

On a side note, Welcome to the forums.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but...

There is always a way to counter the enemy. You complain of explosives and sniping on Nuketown? Did you try Flak Jacket for the explosives? How about smoke for cover? Now if the other team set up a spawn trap (which I've never encountered in all my hours), that's a different story. Simple solution to that, find another server. As Lancer mentioned, Nuketown is a horrible map. If you wanna play it, chances are your experience will be similar each time.

The TG servers are a lot of fun to play on. Lately I've only been playing here. Server 2 really has the best gameplay because it's unranked. Since there is no XP it helps keep the kill whores away. Just a group of objective minded people playing together to win.

The only reason I regret buying this game is because of all the time I could have spent doing something more productive in life. But I've also made what I would consider friendships with people who I only know by their in-game names (lol).

Comment

It's all a matter of where you play and with who. I never play anywhere else but TG servers because they are admin enforced and don't tolerate immature behavior....period
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Clipper, I'm Mo, pleased to meet you :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Nuketown has its purpose. That is the only thing I play when I am trying to rank up. It is good for that and nothing else. There are people that like that game play and live for it. For the most part all the folks playing it are there for the same reason to rank up. Thats why there are so many 24 hour Nuketown servers out there and they stay full. As for small maps I agree we are past due for some new maps and bigger ones. The snipers are hurting right now with most of the maps. We are also past due for some Mod tools. Once we get some maybe we can fix a lot of the things that Treyarch didn't.

The last time I looked there were 3K + servers out there. I am sure there are more. I highly recommend you try out the TG servers. It still has its problems but it is a far cry from most of the servers out there and I am sure it will change your thoughts on the game then again if you have your mind made up I am not sure it will.

All and all I love the game. There are thousands that hate it and have nothing but bad things to say about it. To each their own but I have no problem with progress and this game is progress IMHO. Is it perfect? No Will mod tools make it perfect? Probably not Will I play it if we don't get new maps or mod tools? Well log on tonight and you will see me on.

Welcome to the board and I hope you come over and give the game a chance with folks that know how to play.
            Later Sledge

Comment

I don't go trolling the BC2 forums about the problems with hit detection there, so I'd expect the same courtesy to be extended here.

On a side note, Welcome to the forums.
              Thank you for the welcome. I have to disagree with everything else however.Im a 54yo Military/Police veteran of 36 years and take our hard won freedoms of speech seriously. I am not a troll oin other words but a free American who's paid the debt to say my mind and this is what I think, that COD BO is a flop. Even worse, its a rip off to the consumer and its not even on the same level as BC2. Not even close.

And the real shame is it held so much promise. The Cuban map and the Viet map are physically gorgeous and if they were bigger, and the game play more realistic, the spawn points better dispersed??? This game could have been a winner. As it stands the game is basically unplayable for me, and for others. Its just a terribly written game and Im not going to be a tool of a game maker and say otherwise.

Not that I think any of you are. If you like this game then say it and I'll respect your opinion.

Thank you for the kind offers to join on your servers. S!

Comment

Apologies. In hindsight that was a little out of line on my part. We've had some problems in the past with other TG'rs accusing us of not playing "in accordance with the TG primer" and coming into our part of the forums making comments like "Call of Duty and Tactical in the same phrase? Really?" So when I saw your post late last night I got very defensive very very quickly. I don't think you're a troll at all, I just took the thread out of context.

Still, there's a lot more that could be done with the game and I agree there. All of us do. I guarantee, once Treyarch releases the mod tools you will see custom maps of excellent quality. It happened in CoD4 and WaW, and I'm anxiously awaiting it to happen here.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Hello usaf77,

I don't think that Lancer was saying that you have no freedom of speech here. I think what he was getting at (if I may be so bold, Lancer) and how I took it is: It seems kind of "trollish" for a person with a single digit post count here at TG to start a thread in the CoD Black Ops forums to tell us that we shouldn't waste our money on this title. Seeing as we have a dedicated spot at TG for CoD BLOPS, apparently we have all already "wasted" our money on it. Secondly, you speak about people flinging sticky nades and rockets around on a map that is not even in our rotation. You clearly have not played on our server. Since you have already "wasted" your money, perhaps you should try us out before passing summary judgement on us. Otherwise, your opinion might be better placed on the Steam Black Ops Forums or at the official CallOfDuty.com's Black Ops Forums where it might reach a greater number of people that haven't already bought the game.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that your opinion is not welcome here and you most certainly have a right to your opinion. What I am saying is, give us the benefit of the doubt and try the TG server before you rake us over the coals with some very broad and rancorous statements. I understand that the twitch style of the Call of Duty series isn't for everyone and that is why there are so many games supported here at Tactical Gamer. If you are looking for a more "low and slow" style of play, I would direct you to our Simulation Games section or to TG's BF2 Project Reality forums. You may find what you are looking for there.

Lastly, I would like to say on behalf of all of Tactical Gamer: Thank you for your service in the U.S. Armed Forces and for your service to the public as a police officer. Your efforts are appreciated here.

Have a good day!

sigpic

Comment

First off thank you for your kind words. Im appreciative to be in a forum where the posters have class.

But if I had 0 posts or 5,000 I would call this game the dog it is. I said the same thing in THEIR forum, I just feel its a very badly written game and I was ripped off on it thru slick marketing.

Frankly my post was more directed towards people who were thinking of buying it, not established players. And unless you write the game and are employed by TreyArch then nobody was "judgeing" you. You know of course Im not the only one ripping TreyArch over this game.

If you like it then more power to you. Based on the opinions of a few classy people in this forum I'd be happy to give the game another chance should they ever fix the keymap bug. Until then maybe I'll see you in BC2.

No problemo Lancer. But if you cant talk about a games problems in a game forum then where can you?

Good to have met you all. S!

Comment

What's the keymap bug you're referring to?

Comment

IMO this topic/post is absolutely pointless. What good comes from a topic like this? A quick runthrough of our board can show that we care about this game. I can easily respect a persons accomplishments in RL and I give credit where credit is due. I cannot respect a negative post to a game that has been out several months with a strong player base with players who enjoy this game. There are very few, if any people, who are considering buying this game right now if they haven't already. Sorry usaf77, I respect you but not your post. I honestly cannot remember the last time I commented in a fashion that wasn't positive. Shame on me. Somebody finally struck a nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by Size12point5 View Post
                          IMO this topic/post is absolutely pointless. What good comes from a topic like this? A quick runthrough of our board can show that we care about this game. I can easily respect a persons accomplishments in RL and I give credit where credit is due. I cannot respect a negative post to a game that has been out several months with a strong player base with players who enjoy this game. There are very few, if any people, who are considering buying this game right now if they haven't already. Sorry usaf77, I respect you but not your post. I honestly cannot remember the last time I commented in a fashion that wasn't positive. Shame on me. Somebody finally struck a nerve.
                          Maybe you need to either become objective, or respect those that are.

Honestly I love BC2 but if somebody spoke of it in the negative I surely wouldn't take it personal. They have the right to say what they, or you, want.

Heres what I have to say. This game was touted as some kind of next gen combat game with the fancy marketing and videos. The truth is its a very simple first person shooter game with very few weapons available and many of the ones that are only make the game worse. Like stickies, or missiles against infantry, or all the snipers. Then the maps are not only small but badly laid out so's that if you want to find the action you have to navigate down the same streets and rooms time and time again, only to get back shot by an enemy doing the same. Some of the maps, like nuketown, are just disasters and never should have been written in the first place.

I'm told every hacker on the planet is hacking in on CODBO. I dont know, I haven't played it enough. The Mason story lines are well done, the graphics impressive, but how often can you run down two story lines?

I have a smoker of a computer and rock solid connection yet I get pesky lag problems with this game, and only this game. For some reason my keymaps keep resetting even tho I never touched them.

Honestly I could go on but if you already have the game, and like it, then theres nothing I could say to change your opinion. Even worse, for some odd reason, some people take criticism of their computer games personal. Really, I didn't say anything about your sister.

For anybody else I suggest you research the customer base of this game to see if there are others who think they got robbed over it. I think you'll find many who do. So many that you might think twice before plunking $50+ over a slick intro video of housewives, school girls, valets, cooks and managers shooting up a town. http://amplicate.com/hate/treyarch

Comment

Ok guys, I am sure we can all agree that Black Ops is not a perfect game. We can also all agree that we each have our own opinions and may disagree with each other from time to time. Let's try and not get angry with each other or start making this personal, as I am sure Drona will close this thread down and possibly issue a tongue lashing (or worse!).

usaf77, you may want to check out our Tweaks for Black Ops thread. There may be something in there that helps you with your lag/stuttering problems. As for you key binds resetting, I haven't heard of that one. After about 10 seconds of searching on Google, I found a couple of potential solutions: The first, make sure that your config_mp.cfg file is not Read Only. The second solution is to simply delete your config_mp.cfg file and let the game recreate it for you. You can find the file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players (If you are using WIndows 7. I'm not sure where the file would be on any other OS. Sorry).

If you need further help, feel free to post up in the Tech support/FAQ's section of the forums and I will see what I can do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by usaf77 View Post
                              I have a smoker of a computer and rock solid connection yet I get pesky lag problems with this game, and only this game. For some reason my keymaps keep resetting even tho I never touched them.
                              First, I'm curious as to what constitutes a "smoker of a computer".

Second, for keys getting reset... I would think an alternative would be to open the mp config file and set the keys. Then go to properties and make the file read only. The mapping shouldn't be overwritten again. This isn't from my knowledge of this specific problem, just computer experience.

EDIT: Mindkill has different advice. You can try his first.

MK - PM sent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X