First Strike DLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Strike DLC

I'm curious how many of the regulars will be buying the First Strike DLC once it comes out later this week(poll is private BTW).

No decision has been made as to whether we'll offer any of these maps in one of our rotations.I have yet to read anything about what happens to players that don't have it when one of the new maps comes up in the rotation. I assume they are kicked(and sent to the Steam store, lol).

Personally I'm on the fence. The idea that the game now costs $75 with the new content is absurd. If I assume correctly that a DLC map will kick those that don't own it, how can we justify adding it to the rotation if we will lose half the server every time one of them comes up. I also don't like the fact that any decision to include these maps in our rotation will lead to more folks buying the DLC which reinforces the publishers system.

Last thing I want to do is split up our community into the haves and the have-nots.

EDIT: From Trey/Acti

Hey PC fans,

With the launch of First Strike on the PC on March 25th, I would like to answer a few of the most frequently asked questions from the community pertaining to server admins, clients, and map rotations. Please read the below guide carefully before posting questions in the forums.

Clients:
    Anyone can play on any server, regardless of whether or not you have DLC installed. All players will continue to receive patches (including 1.07, which deploys alongside First Strike). If a server rotates to a DLC map that you do not have installed on your PC, you will automatically get kicked from that server.

Note: There will be an additional browser filter introduced in patch 1.07 that allows you to exclude servers with DLC content in their rotation. Quick match searches will only put players into matches with content that they have installed.

Admins:
    All servers will have First Strike available on March 25th. It will be at the server admin’s discretion whether or not to run DLC maps on their server. Admins will also have the freedom to choose which First Strike maps will run on their server.

Note: Admins will NOT have to purchase a copy of the map pack in order to install it on their dedicated server.

Hopefully that clears up some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding the DLC deployment that will take place on March 25th.

Regards,
    -JD
    Definately purchasing.
    30.00%
    Might purchase.
    15.00%
    Kill it with fire!(Not purchasing).
    55.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by P.Drona; 03-22-2011, 08:40 AM.

Re: First Strike DLC

I posted a "no purchase" My son has it on his 360 and frankly I am not impressed...the maps are smaller and more cluttered then what they gave us with the game.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I won't be getting it, regardless of whether it's hosted here or not. It's just not something that's at all important to me.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I also voted "Kill it with fire!". AĘtivi$ion will not get one more red cent from me for BO.

sigpic

Comment

I won't pay money for it.

Comment

not buying.

Comment

I am getting it, but only because my mom decided to pay for it as an easter gift or something like that. Not my money so I'll take it.

Ummm, an interesting question here. Is there a possibility that First Strike maps could be played on Unranked servers (server 2) by players who don't have the DLC? I doubt it but its worth a shot.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                I am getting it, but only because my mom decided to pay for it as an easter gift or something like that. Not my money so I'll take it.

Ummm, an interesting question here. Is there a possibility that First Strike maps could be played on Unranked servers (server 2) by players who don't have the DLC? I doubt it but its worth a shot.
                Only if the server allowed for downloading maps. I don't see how they would overlook that though.

Comment

I put not purchasing. I didn't purchase either of the MW2 packs and i'd prefer to not purchase this one too. If we run it on the TG server i might get it just to avoid getting kicked while playing, but as Drona said, i don't want to encourage this type of sales model.

Comment

I bought it.

Comment

No They are not getting any more money from me for this title!!!!!!!!!!

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Plato

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                        I am getting it, but only because my mom decided to pay for it as an easter gift or something like that.
                        Wait............your mom's the easter bunny??????
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                          Wait............your mom's the easter bunny??????
                          I think the way it worked in my mom's head is that since I don't get any Easter break from school she'd just let me go out and get something after spring break instead of getting the good old basket of candy at Easter. Enter First Strike DLC. Kind of odd but again, not my money.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

IF your going to buy it - grab it at Direct2Drive with 20% off coupon code marchmadness. Comes to $10.76 pre tax and should activate through steam.
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

so, those of you that bought it, how are yo8u liking the new maps?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X